The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nightfall blue Elise that I need some paint work done on it. While in the shop I thought I would add stripes to it. Some time back I saw a model of a blue Elise with two white stripes. Does anyone know the model I’m talking about or where I can get the specs on those stripes?

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
My Elise is nightfall blue with 8" wide yellow stripes. Also have yellow accents such as Exige side vents and yellow gas cap cover. looks great! Keith at Chufora (?) can hook you up with stripes for fairly cheap in about any color you desire.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My recommendation is not to paint the stripes, but to rather paint the car a solid color, allow the paint adequate time to cure and off-gas, then add vinyl stripes. That way, if you ever get tired of them or want to change the color, you can simply pull them off, rather than have to repaint the car.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
+1. I would not do the stripes in paint. Not everyone likes stripes so if it's vinyl and you ever want to sell, you keep your options open.

As noted Keith at Chuforia - great dude - can hook you up but then you need to figure out installation (not easy).

There's a shop called GZ Sign Designs in Roselle (Lake Street by Tilted Kilt) that does great work. Was there today getting some vinyl for a project. Husband and wife team that does full car wraps, etc. They've done a few Elises (one on their home page).

GZ Sign Designs | Signs & Graphics that mean business!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts