The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Yoko slicks showed up today- I can't bring myself to replacing the A048's with one more DE left on them- In the mean time, I have some questions-

I purchased my Elise with the touring package, as I didn't know better, nor did I realize I'd be doing most of my driving on the track- Anyway, upgrades I've made to the car include: LSS wheels and suspension, and an RTV brace- As I mentioned, I'll be replacing my A048 with slicks- So, this raises a couple of new questions-

Is the LSS suspension appropriate for slicks? Also, I understand LSS suspension is rated very similarly to track pack suspension- The difference is the adjustability of the track pack, right?

Is the Elise oem sway bar appropraite for slicks?

Is there anything else I need to know before venturing into slick territory?

Thanks for any feedback!

·
Vendor
3,177 Posts
My Yoko slicks showed up today- I can't bring myself to replacing the A048's with one more DE left on them- In the mean time, I have some questions-

I purchased my Elise with the touring package, as I didn't know better, nor did I realize I'd be doing most of my driving on the track- Anyway, upgrades I've made to the car include: LSS wheels and suspension, and an RTV brace- As I mentioned, I'll be replacing my A048 with slicks- So, this raises a couple of new questions-

Is the LSS suspension appropriate for slicks? Also, I understand LSS suspension is rated very similarly to track pack suspension- The difference is the adjustability of the track pack, right?

Is the Elise oem sway bar appropraite for slicks?

Is there anything else I need to know before venturing into slick territory?

Thanks for any feedback!
Lotus OEM suspension is limited in its capability. You can use the slicks no problem, but you won't bet as much out of them as if you add aftermarket shocks or springs, such as Penskes. The stock bar is OK, but you get better transitional response with a stiffer bar AND you plant the rear better under acceleration if you don't have an LSD.
In the interest of full disclosure, Blackwatch Racing sells both the bar and the Penske's. However, I think you will find this is a pretty widely-held opinion.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I think you will find the stock LSS suspension a bit too soft to really use the slicks. You'll also want more camber in the front. I went with the blackwatch sway bar and JRZ coilovers. I'll be using a mix of Toyo R888's and probably some slicks as well, most likely hoosiers or Khumos v710s

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks the info Fred- I actually almost called you today to get your spin on the situation- I'm talking to Bryan about his track pack suspension and sway bar (not yet available), but it's nice to know my current set up is adequate for the slicks-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts