The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Elise Talk Dead - Newbie...

Hello Elise Talk

Never heard of this forum before but some of the guys on the SELOC site were commenting on the fact that elisetalk is DEAD so i thought i'd register and post to see if it's true :D

You have 30 seconds to prove me wrong...29...28...27...

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Later!

:)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Wait, you didn't leave.

:p

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Because we all know that SELOC is chock full of meaty and pithy posts, not just things like...

Clockwatching on a Friday afternoon
I lloooooooove Stella Artois
GOODBYE ALL ... TIME FOR BEER
Pointless questions to pass the time...
My 200th post....
golf clubs
More pointless questions to pass the time
Womens jeans? (NLC - Obviously)
bored

And my favorite title-
Bird Poop

:)

(I like SELOC. Just kidding around. Please TIGGA don't ban me now.. I could not handle not reading the latest Moose update)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Seriously, the amount of people that even know about the Elise and that is coming over to USA is very small. And the number of existing USA Elise owners is small. I expect things will really take off as more information is announced. As the car mags do some write ups. As the early 2004 Auto Shows happen. And then when the cars finally arrive.

And I should also point out, half of the USA has no electricity. :)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
lotus elise S1 said:
Sh*t. Am i still on here...
:D

P.S. I really like the S1, but it's not being federalized. If I had my choice, it would be an S1 Exige. However, the S2 has been growing on me. Just hopefully not too literally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I take your point about the powercut - makes me laugh how Canada balmes the US & the US blames Canada! I expect things will pick up when the US elise arrives...

Cheers

Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Are you saying that the blackout will be here until April 2004?

:eek:

P.S. It's always Canada's fault. BLAME CANADA.

Unless it's Bush's fault... or it was because Clinton had oral sex in the oval office.

But one of those three things.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Welcome S1!

Yep, as Randy says, the Elise community is very small in the US.

I envy you owning an Elise even if it's one of the early Hairstylists cars, not like the agressive S2 and 111S ;)

Oh and BTW> You'll have to change your name because I'm the real Chris.

CHeers.
Chris;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well zvezdah1

i should refuse to speak to you after your comments but then S2 and the yanks would be a match made in heaven :D aggressive = no, plastic = yes...

You're just jealous that you'll never be allowed to own an S1!

Cheers

CHRIS

:D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI Chris,
Yep, the first Elise I drove was an S1 in 97. Lotus USA flew one over for the US Lotus Owner's Gathering. It was love at first drive and have been waiting for Lotus to get the finger out and get it over here.

I'll be entirely candid with you, Randy and I are the only two US Elise enthusiasts that are not at the Lotus Owner's Gathering in New York this weekend. So we're singlehandedly trying to keep the boards going:D

Speculation is that LCU will officially announce the engine this weekend at the gathering, just hoping the power outage doesn't cause problems.

The US Elise enthusiasts are desperate for any "OFFICIAL" news of the US cars!!
Chris
BTW> NIce silver elise for your avatar on SELOC, your's I assume?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts