The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last 6 months, I've ripped a handful of button down shirts in the right elbow. The only obvious change in my life has been the addition of an Elise. After ripping a few shirts I began to wonder if it was somehow related to Elise ingress/egress. I know this sounds nuts but has anyone else who regularly wears dress shirts had a similar problem? And no I don't have exceptionally pointy elbows or any other mutant super powers.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I wear a lot of dress shirts and don't have this problem. You might be snagging the slit of the sleeve on the handbrake though - check and see.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Suit and tie every day and I'm in the northeast, so rain coat to wool winter coat. Only problem I've had is in the winter when the hard top is on, I have broken several collar stays because you have to fold your head in even more. Where are your hands? ;)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
No issues for me.

Two I do have:

- If I have meetings on warm days, I usually wear a T shirt and bring the dress shirt with (hung the passenger seat) and put it on in the parking garage. With the heat in the cab/engine, the back of the shirt gets nasty wrinkled.

- Dress shoes - because of their width and stiffness, I've had them get bad scuffs from the pedals.

Oh, and I've ripped a couple of pants pockets on the little male receiving 'nub' for the door.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I ripped the arse out of my blue jeans last weekend when stooping to fasten and cinch the car cover.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Wear longer sleeves. You stretch your arms so much getting in and out it puts pressure on them when buttoned. Go from say a 35in sleeve to a 36in or 37in.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I regularly catch my belt on the edge of the hardtop trim just after putting my right leg in and just as I prepare to drop down into the car.

I often get a bruise on my left arm from getting out of the car because of contact with the "door nub."

Shoe scuffs on the dash, etc. all part of the Elige experience.

:tadts:

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I never had an issue tearing shirts even though I wear a shirt every time I take the car in to work.
I do always wear driving shoes when driving the car though.
I change shoes in the parking lot every morning / evening from driving to business and back

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
In the last 6 months, I've ripped a handful of button down shirts in the right elbow. The only obvious change in my life has been the addition of an Elise. After ripping a few shirts I began to wonder if it was somehow related to Elise ingress/egress. I know this sounds nuts but has anyone else who regularly wears dress shirts had a similar problem? And no I don't have exceptionally pointy elbows or any other mutant super powers.
Elise has not messed with my clothes at all.

Used to get holes in the right elbow from using the mouse at work. Shaved the formica edge on my desk and no more trouble.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I always drive naked to avoid this very issue -eek-

·
Registered
305 Posts
Those stupid little metal rivit things on my jeans scratched my seat once, since then i cut them off all my jeans, one of the first things that happens when i buy jeans. Other than that there is no other wear caused by the Elise.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I ripped the arse out of my blue jeans last weekend when stooping to fasten and cinch the car cover.....:rolleyes:

That reminds me of those neon green or blue spandex suit things that kids wear at college basketball games. Creepy! :)

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
The only thing I've ever done is nearly rip my jaw off my face catching it on an open driver's window when I was getting in. Car was parked in the garage too close to my other car so to keep from hitting it with the door I didn't have the driver's door open all the way. Right foot in, twist and as I let myself fall into the car the window caught my jawline right at the left side of my face and basically popped free as I feel into the car. That f'ing hurt - I sat in my garage for about 5 minutes in huge pain feeling like a total tool - and glad no one had seen me do it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
When I first got the Elise the Probax grip section on each side of the seat would grab and rip my studs of my jeans. To remedy this I fitted sheepskin seat covers. No other damaged clothes issues.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts