The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard a lot about how Elise got together with Yokohama to have special tires developed for the Elise. A lot of folks are making a big deal about this. Would that "Elise development" be the A048, the AD07, or both? What confuses me is that both the A048 and AD07 have been available in other sizes for other cars for some time, just not in the U.S. (well, maybe less than a year or so - I don't know when they first became available). If in doubt, just go to Yokohama's Japanese (not U.S. oriented) web site and see where you can purchase both of these tires and in what sizes. They are readily available. So, does the "special development" really just consist of getting those tires made in the sizes the Elise needs? I can't believe that the tire model in the Elise sizes would differ in design and construction from the other sizes. Does someone know the real facts here, not just the rumor or hype (and I wouldn't put Lotus press releases past having some hype)? I somehow doubt that Yokohama would not have done the A048 if it wasn't for Lotus.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.