The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 elise that all but one of the front and rear shims have been removed. Fronts -.07 rears -2.7. The trackpack suspension hasn't been set or corner balanced for the track yet. So,these numbers will change. What would ideal final numbers be for a dedicated NA track car using Hoosier R6?

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have an 06 elise that all but one of the front and rear shims have been removed. Fronts -.07 rears -2.7. The trackpack suspension hasn't been set or corner balanced for the track yet. So,these numbers will change. What would ideal final numbers be for a dedicated NA track car using Hoosier R6?
Ideal is subject to what you like.
I run -2 in the front and -2.5 in the rear, 0 toe in the front -1.5mm in the rear, 120/125mm RH.

There are no magic numbers.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Based on the maximum neg. camber of the stock front end being somewhere around -1 with all shims removed. What"s a good starting point for the rear?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
my experience is to fix the end that is broken.

Your rear setting looks about right, and if you are suffering over steer you either need new rear tiers or to adjust your driving style!

Get as much front camber as you can within the rules, if you are going to compete with the car, or even more if you're not.

My numbers are near enough to make no difference to Apexes. On the street the tire ware is very acceptable, and the under steer is gone.

To get these numbers required a quick trip to my brothers machine shop (hmmm, I seem to have misplaced 5mm of material on that top mounting pad), but after running this setup for 2 years, I would do it again. (Thanks to my sponsor (and brother) BilletBrothers prototype machine shop)

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Oh. CAMBER!

Had me going there for a while...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I haven't put it on the track yet.. So,I don't know what it will do. I'm just looking for a recommended starting point from someone who has. I'm sure if I like the way a mid engine car handles there will be alot of adjustments.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I haven't put it on the track yet.. So,I don't know what it will do. I'm just looking for a recommended starting point from someone who has. I'm sure if I like the way a mid engine car handles there will be alot of adjustments.
Yea, I guess if you don't have much seat time in these cars, I wouldn't crank up the front camber right off the bat.
You probably want to get used to dealing with the back end before you dial out the remaining understeer, that would be a little safer to start off with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts