The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...having an Elise transported sometime early next week. I've researched a few companies and spoke to Zoom Auto Transport. Checked out their google reviews and they have good feedback. Anyone have any experience with them? Thanks in advance!
Scott

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
If you get one of the BIG national brands like intercity or Montway you can have a good experience every time but $$$. If you use ANYONE ELSE you are 100% using a broker who will be subcontracting out a random driver and you will get whatever experience you get. Pretty sure zoom is just a broker at first glance. Also when your car gets delivered 100% of the time they will make every excuse in the book to get you to come meet them at the major highway mostly "there are a lot of trees in that neighborhood"

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
198 Posts
Ive used a auto broker for the last 4 or 5 "exotic/special" vehicles and never had any issues with them. Mercury Auto Transport. Been using them since 2011. They are a broker so they take everythign you tell them and find a good fit. Used them for my Elise and worked out great. Also every time they find someone, I make a good connection with them so if I need somethign shipped if Im in the same area Ill ask them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently transported a new (to me) elise from S.F. to Louisiana. I used Reliable transporters. Probably on the upper end of price but I felt like it was worth the peace of mind.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm from the old school of dense race drivers with a trailer. o_O I live in San Diego and have bought cars in Florida, Michigan, Tulsa and now Saint Louis. Particularly as I didn't trust people to care about my new car as I do, I went and got them! I even helped pay for a trip by grabbing a car from LV to take to Florida...

Each one was a chance to see a bit of the country I had not seen before.. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm from the old school of dense race drivers with a trailer. o_O I live in San Diego and have bought cars in Florida, Michigan, Tulsa and now Saint Louis. Particularly as I didn't trust people to care about my new car as I do, I went and got them! I even helped pay for a trip by grabbing a car from LV to take to Florida...

Each one was a chance to see a bit of the country I had not seen before.. :D
Yeah...honestly I was going to fly out with my son and then drive it back. If it weren't for COVID I'd be on a plane right now. The car's in a fairly isolated area and there's no direct flights and I don't want to be around a ton of people right now. It would have been fun to drive it back and see the country between here and there.

Scott

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah...honestly I was going to fly out with my son and then drive it back. If it weren't for COVID I'd be on a plane right now. The car's in a fairly isolated area and there's no direct flights and I don't want to be around a ton of people right now. It would have been fun to drive it back and see the country between here and there.

Scott
Well, due to needing to deal with cleaning out our parents house and go get my latest Lotus.. ;) I have flown SouthWest 4 times in the last month or so. They are booking only 2/3 with middle seat open and all required to wear masks.
NO LINES at TSA!!
But once en route, be prepared to be stared at for TWO reasons! 1. You have a Lotus.... 2. If you are wearing a mask away from large cities, you are stared at... less so in businesses as most employees are required to wear them.

I say go make a memory with your son!! Pocket hand sanitizer and a mask and you are pretty much good to go!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts