The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Super Moderator
751 Posts
Your answer is in this post. Having read it you'll know that they're still unavailable and work is being attempted to recreate in lieu of Lotus being able to find a supplier.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Greetings folks. I'm new here. While delighted to find you all, I'm here because a bonehead in a Honda Odyssey backed over the front of my 2005 Elise that has only 14k miles on it. The repair process has been an utter nightmare but now I'm down to the last piece, which is, class, a driver's side turn indicator. So, consider this my ask to jump into the buying pool if anyone can come up with a way to get these suckers or get them repaired. I'm just so devastated to be in this spot, as I am sure others are too. Let me know if I've missed any ideas to find one of these needles in the haystack
i am not part of this thread or effort to get this part back in production (no knowledge to help), but as a fellow Elise owner who was backed into by a Honda Odyssey, I feel your pain! I did not lose any parts bu there was $7k in body damage, all to fix a 10 inch scratch. Unreal. It was a bad 2 months as the approval to get that kind of money out of their insurance took forever. I had my Elise all of 2 months when that happened. Only 9k miles on the car too!

I wish you best of luck getting your Elise back in action.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Hey Moderators! Is it possible to add a poll to this thread to count the number of owners that need replacement indicator lenses? 3 answers: LHS RHS or both.

I still need a LHS but willing to buy both, just in case.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
A buddy of mine just got backed into and broke a front turn signal.

Galpin Lotus had them in stock as of a month ago.

·
Registered
'06 Exige
37 Posts
Somebody posted this kit on Facebook. Looks to be a Lotus official fix but the instructions say it's for 2003 and prior. I don't see why it wouldn't work for later S2 cars. I've seen feedback though that the pop-rivet can crack the indicator housing and it doesn't hold the indicator in tight enough. I'm going to try the 3D printed clips from the SELOC thread.

Lotus Official Repair kit for S2 Indicators | EliseParts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
A buddy of mine just got backed into and broke a front turn signal.

Galpin Lotus had them in stock as of a month ago.
I called Galpin last week and they don't remember having any for a very long time.

Who at Lotus US or UK is rumored to be working on a solution?

·
Super Moderator
751 Posts
I called Galpin last week and they don't remember having any for a very long time.

Who at Lotus US or UK is rumored to be working on a solution?
Glad you called and I had a feeling it was BS. If you look back thru the thread I think there were two members that allegedly contacted Lotus but again until TS is available I don't believe it. It shouldn't take that long to secure a supplier. What surprises me the most is that some aftermarket counterfeiter hasn't jumped in with some. I wonder how some of the members attempting to 3D print some are progressing especially the lens.

·
Super Moderator
751 Posts
My post was BS? **** you guys
I never meant to indicate that your post was bs but that rather having it in stock was bs because nobody’s had it for quite a while

·
Registered
25 Posts
You guys should contact Lotus yourself asking about the production of replacement TS. They know there's a huge demand and are working with a supplier from what I've been told and are going to be producing several thousand units, with an estimated availability time of this August. I have my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
609 Posts
the dealer online that shows a price for the driver indicator emailed me and said they were on back order the past 3 years.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts