The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Lotus elise and wondered if there are any upgrades i should get other than tires. I was wondering about a super charger and an intercooler and cold air intake.:mw:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Great. Put some photos on here and we'll show you where to put the 'Super Charger". ;)

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Just add everything in my signature and you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I have a 2005 Lotus elise and wondered if there are any upgrades i should get other than tires. I was wondering about a super charger and an intercooler and cold air intake.:mw:
Stop now, navigate away from this website and NEVER return.... your wallet will thank you. rotflrotflrotfl

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
No upgrades are available.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Driving school. Best performance investment you can make.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
First is shifter re-enforce for safety and better shifting. Then it is rims, supercharger, brakes, etc, etc, etc. There are so many upgrades availiable it will invade your dreams at night. Enjoy and foremost post some pictures!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Ahhhh *thunk* the dreaded two factory keys speed mod, nobody must be able to catch you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love my Lotus.. but these cars aren't exactly the sturdiest. So you should "reinforce" your car as much as possible before throwing a boost in there :up:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I love my Lotus.. but these cars aren't exactly the sturdiest. So you should "reinforce" your car as much as possible before throwing a boost in there :up:
:confused: The Elise/Exige has an exceptionally stiff chassis... one that can handle far more power than it is delivered with, NA or FI.
But as stated above the OP should probably shore up his driving skills before anything else on the car....

·
Back to the Future, again
6,155 Posts
Ahhhh *thunk* the dreaded two factory keys speed mod, nobody must be able to catch you!
I see a lot of the 05 owners spending up to $100 or so to get that integrated key/alarm look so they can stop carrying around that alien head looking key fob.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
you need toe links or you can die. I like BOE's links - like addertooth - they are on my car.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Komiko is being dramatic, you probably won't die, you will just wet your pants if the stock links fail at a high rate of speed, maybe a broken bone or two, meh, no big deal really.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,155 Posts
Komiko is being dramatic, you probably won't die, you will just wet your pants if the stock links fail at a high rate of speed, maybe a broken bone or two, meh, no big deal really.
You can just walk it off for the most part.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts