The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
excesss said:
Any one have any facts on recent events Esprits aginst Elise on a track?
Can only comment that with a passenger on board in a 111S that I had no problems equaling the lap times of a Esprit V8. The Esprit would pull the Elise on the straights, but I would regain the advantage under brakes and through the long corners at Portland Int'l Raceway.

For more comments go the GGLC site and click on "Elise News".
www.gglotus.org

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
On a small track, it would be close. On a larger track, the Esprit's hp would provide the advantage...

For example, the Esprit is slower by .5 seconds on Hockenheim than the Exige is. It is 30 seconds faster on Nuerburgring.

Roy

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Tpup said:
On a small track, it would be close. On a larger track, the Esprit's hp would provide the advantage...

For example, the Esprit is slower by .5 seconds on Hockenheim than the Exige is. It is 30 seconds faster on Nuerburgring.

Roy
Yup. The Nuerburgring has that crazy strait away, where the Elise tops out at 120 mph or 140 mph the Esprit can reach it 180 mph. :(

Neil

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same feeling when I test drove the Elise here locally, however I didn’t want to quickly judge the car since it was almost 70 hp less than the fed version.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts