The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Some of you may remember me from a while back. I owned one of the very early 2005 Elises (Chrome Orange). I logged a pretty decent amount of street and track time in it before ultimately deciding to sell it because it wasn't getting used very much. After I no longer owned a Lotus, I spent very little time on here and sort of missed the introduction of all these new models.

Well I miss my car and I am seriously thinking of buying another one. In fact, this time I think I'm going to use it as a daily driver. Is there someone who has experience with all of these variants that could give me a rundown of the pros and cons and perhaps a recommendation? As I said, I'm pretty familiar with the basic car and what to expect in general.

I think the only reason I would buy an Elise is that really good deals can be had on them. I have always thought the Exige was a much better looking car. In fact, I think the Exige is better looking than the S or 240 models because I like the black trim a lot. From a purely cosmetic POV, it's pretty cool to have that big intercooler or whatever it is right behind your head though.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
32 Posts
elise is pretty much the same for a few newly added things like led tail lights...etc

there is a new elise SC which is the standard else with an upgraded supercharger (factory) pushing it to 218hp.

the exige s is just awesome with its re-done supercharger. by redone i mean that they dont use the intercooler like the previous 2007 model. it still pushes out 220hp

then there is the exige 240s. same as the exige s but with the intercooler and i pushes out 240hp (duh! lol)

personally, i think if u had an elise before, its time to get an exige s or 240s if u got the extra $$$. it'll be more of an exciting drive than what you're use to.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess to be more specific with the questions:

- Is there much of a difference between the base Exige and the Elise other than looks?

- Is the Exige S noticeably quicker and more fun than the Exige?

- Is the S240 noticeably quicker and more fun than the Exige S?

- Is there anything else I should know about any of the Exige variants that I wouldn't know or expect coming from an Elise?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a 2005 Elise and now a 2007 Exige S so I can compare those two for you. The S is definietly a quicker car and it is very noticeable. Is it more fun? That is subjective. The base Elise is an incredibly fun car as is the Exige S. I do prefer the Exige S due to the added power but as far as fun factor they're about the same for me. The Exige S is a more difficult car to live with on a daily basis due to the poor rear visibility but I've become comfortable with it. I debated getting a 240 but decided to buy a used Exige S with 450 miles at a great price and I plan to have Charlie Gotham it eventually. So I've kind of gone through the same mental process as you. A person that loves the Lotus driving experience will be happy with any of the cars I believe and it comes down to one's personal preferences and circumstances.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I guess to be more specific with the questions:

- Is there much of a difference between the base Exige and the Elise other than looks?

- Is the Exige S noticeably quicker and more fun than the Exige?

- Is the S240 noticeably quicker and more fun than the Exige S?

- Is there anything else I should know about any of the Exige variants that I wouldn't know or expect coming from an Elise?
have you been to lotuscars.com ?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
The Eagle debutes in the British Autoshow on 7/22 so it may be worth the 3 month wait to see how the Eagle turns out. It should be the better daily driver of the three.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts