Reaction 0.356 0.740 (yes, I suck)
60ft 2.082 1.916
330ft 5.425 5.748
1/8 ET 8.012 8.943
1/8 mph 95.16 77.96
1000ft 10.245 11.658
1/4 ET 12.073 13.982
1/4 mph 123.9 97.4

I've posted a video in the gallery. Can't really see much, though. It was fun, but as you can imagine, the Elise at a dragstrip is a bit out of its element..

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,885 Posts
Who told you that the Elise is a muscle car?!?!?!:huh:
It's not designed for drag racing.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
MickOpalak said:

It's not designed for drag racing.
IT"S NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! S***, I want my money back, I'm outta here!

If I can't sell, I'll trade on a 4000 pound 9 jillion hp ride.

BTW> What's the status on your car, should be pretty close I think?

:D Chris

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Obviously, we all know the Elise is not a drag racer! It was fun, nonetheless.

I had originally asked a Ford VP to race who was a beginner like myself. He had been running in the high 14's. However, as we left the staging area he jumped out and a more experienced driver took his place. What a PR catastrophe that would have been if a $40k "toy" had beaten SVT's finest!

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,885 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
BTW> What's the status on your car, should be pretty close I think?
I haven't heard anything from the dealer in a while, but based on information I got from a little bird, I'm guessing it will get here in the next 10 days or so. :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
atyclb - no short shifting. My technique (falsely implying that I had any idea what I was doing) was to launch it at about 6k, releasing the clutch just aggressively enough to avoid wheelspin. I would then floor it and upshift when prompted by the change-up light. I should have probably shifted sooner, upon first detecting that momentum was being lost.

Having only made four runs, I know the R&T 1/4 mile time of 13.4 can easily be beaten. Especially with a shorter gear change, more intelligently placed shift points, and softer tires. I'll leave that up to one of you, however. One night at the dragstrip is quite enough for me..

Ground Loop - you crack me up.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>I would then floor it and upshift when prompted by the change-up light. I should have probably shifted sooner, upon first detecting that momentum was being lost. <<<

Actually, for this sort of an endeavor with the Elise, it might prove more effective to rev it to the very limit each time... Especially for the 1-2 shift so that you land in 2nd still on the high cam.

R&T mentioned that they launched at 8000 and used a abrupt clutch release. Yikes.

·
Registered
163 Posts
atyclb said:
that's an excellent 60ft time--I'm quite surprised your 1/4 time was that low. did you short-shift or something?
It's a good 60-foot for a 3000+ pound car on street tires, but probably typical for the Elise (I would guess).

Light car, good weight distribution over the rear wheels, fairly sticky tires even without LSS. NOT having tons of torque can actually help casual 1/4 drivers when launching on street tires.

With the LSS tires you could likely expect another 2ish tenths off the 60 foot since ALL the straight-line gain from base to LSS is traction in the first 10-20 feet or so (and only if you launch at a higher RPM).

The Elise is not a 1/4 mile car, but it's a pretty good 30-foot car :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
James A - stock tires (touring package).

It was an interesting evening. I felt like Niles Crane attending a Metallica concert. I'm happy I went though, and would encourage you to try it at least once, too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Our group didn't take any still shots - just the video that I've posted in the gallery. I wish I had gotten a good pic of the Elise and GT at the tree. What an odd sight it must have been. Several strangers took pics - perhaps they'll turn up on a Mustang forum.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
look below and click "Image and Video Gallery". Then click "Elise Motorsports". The file is called "Elise vs Ford GT".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.