The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Re: Note--->> :)

roadrunner said:
The vast majority of Z3 and Miata owners are not at all concerned about this - it just seems to be the male owners that are bent out of shape about it...:)
I guess... I just love what I drive, whether it was my first car a 1.3L Renault 5, the Z3 roadster or the Elise. I'd rather people insult my Mom than my automobile. But that's just me.

Neil

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Just don't wear a shirt like this in your Miata or Z3.

Never heard that about Z3s actually. Seems silly, it's not like you are driving a VW Cabriolet.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Just don't wear a shirt like this in your Miata or Z3.

Never heard that about Z3s actually. Seems silly, it's not like you are driving a VW Cabriolet.
Damm Randy, you caught me! The shirt I have is saffron yellowish. :D

BTW it's kinda disturbing that you even have this picture of Seinfel.

Neil

·
Registered
413 Posts
5-series and A6 styling (again)

that's a gawdawful photo of the A6. Who is gonna look at that and say, "I WANT one of those"?? I know BMW and Audi are trying to set themselves apart, but UGLY doesn't sell cars. Anyone care to guess how much A6 sales will plummet? You'd think the manufacturers would use consumer "focus groups" before making a multimillion dollar tooling change.

Just venting. Feel better now.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Re: 5-series and A6 styling (again)

DCNSX said:
that's a gawdawful photo of the A6. Who is gonna look at that and say, "I WANT one of those"?? I know BMW and Audi are trying to set themselves apart, but UGLY doesn't sell cars. Anyone care to guess how much A6 sales will plummet? You'd think the manufacturers would use consumer "focus groups" before making a multimillion dollar tooling change.

Just venting. Feel better now.
I say sales stay about the same with the A6. You'll be surprised how many people like fugly...I see what you mean though... I like the A8 better.

Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
A8- much better. But I believe it's only a matter of time before they screw that up with the new Ugly Audi front end. (Trying to differentiate themselves from VW?)

BTW- nice poolside parking job above- but that first step outta the car is a doozie.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
DCNSX said:
A8- much better. But I believe it's only a matter of time before they screw that up with the new Ugly Audi front end. (Trying to differentiate themselves from VW?)

BTW- nice poolside parking job above- but that first step outta the car is a doozie.
Good point... Must be a right hand drive. :D
BTW. Before the Elise came out I was pretty certain I was getting a NSX, I still want one. Maybe someday.

Neil

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Re: Re: 5-series and A6 styling (again)

Little Bastard said:
I say sales stay about the same with the A6. You'll be surprised how many people like fugly...I see what you mean though... I like the A8 better.

Neil
Did you ever see the Black S8 that was used in the movie Ronin? Some great speed-driving/handling scenes.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: 5-series and A6 styling (again)

Little Bastard said:
Yes I did. One of the best car movies ever, have it at home. Can't wait to see the new S8 :eek:

Neil
That S8 looked sinister in Black/Black.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Exc flick!!
CHris
Would like to know who the stunt driver was? I remember
posting something awhile back that had
two Lotus test-drivers finishing 1 & 2 in
a prestigious handling event they have each year.

·
Registered
413 Posts
"Ronin" is awesome- I've seen it twice. Kinda similar flick- European locale/great driving/underworld theme is "The Transporter", starring Jason Statham. Look for "Transporter 2" (filmed Stateside this time) this Summer. In keeping with the Mini Cooper theme of this thread, Statham was also one of the Mini drivers in "The Italian Job"

Little Bastard- you can pick up a nice used NSX for around $30k. go to www.nsxprime.com and check out their marketplace.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ridgemanron- I believe Lotus factory tester/chassis developer Gavin Kershaw was brought to the US for a car magazine's skidpad "drifting" competition, which he won. I believe Kershaw is the driver in the official Lotus photos from Monaco and Nice posted elsewhere here.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts