The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other customer cars come into your dealership recently (ie: within the last 7-8 days)?

I just called Scottsdale, AZ Lotus and they are expecting 3 more customer cars sometime this week (depending on the trucking company). When this happens, that means 4 customer cars would have been delivered -and I'm 12 cars away from delivery! :clap: With three cars a week, I should have mine in 4 to 8 weeks (being realistic). :clap: :D

Any other cars trickling in at a dealer near you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
I talked to MidRivers about 10 days ago, and they said that they were invoiced for 4 more cars. Not sure if they received them yet, I haven't heard anything. According to the information they got, as of two weeks, around 400 cars were on US soil (128 delivered).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Reports of other deliveries or dealers being invoiced is encouraging!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,270 Posts
ConeFusion said:
I talked to MidRivers about 10 days ago, and they said that they were invoiced for 4 more cars. Not sure if they received them yet, I haven't heard anything. According to the information they got, as of two weeks, around 400 cars were on US soil (128 delivered).
That's the info I got. They are expecting 10 customer cars (aside from the demo) total until October and then 6/month after that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
You guys hang in there>>>

appreciate the expectations and you will be absolutely more than wow by the car...great it is getting close..BUT one..no several words of advice... smile muscles begin to hurt...staying with car or out in gargage becomes strange to others..can not stop looking at it and in particular the fantastic lines and driving...not enough hours in the day. So be assured your wait will be rewarded..it is a very special automotive transport experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:


I just called Scottsdale, AZ Lotus and they are expecting 3 more customer cars sometime this week (depending on the trucking company). When this happens, that means 4 customer cars would have been delivered -and I'm 12 cars away from delivery! :clap: With three cars a week, I should have mine in 4 to 8 weeks (being realistic). :clap: :D

Hey Allen, congrats! I live in Chandler and I'm wayyyyyyyy down the list. It's promising to hear that orders are being filled. BTW, Dan at Scottsdale Lotus has been real open and honest with delivery expectations. Have you test drove their black demo car?

Bobby
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Elise Watch 2004 - Are they coming in?

Bobby said:
Have you test drove their black demo car?Bobby
Yes, I actually drove the demo car a few weeks ago. I didn't have time to really look it over since it was going on demo rides on right after the other. Also, I didn't have a chance to push it past 5,000 rpm since it only had 200 miles.

Here's a link to my detailed test drive:

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5241
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
the collection in miami has two customer cars both red, all options one biscuit and one black. they also have two demos red with everything and yellow w/o LSS. They expect 4 more cars in the next week or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
Los Angeles Update 09/01/04 13:58 PST

Today 0 cars arrived
Last Week 0 cars arrived
Last Month 0 cars arrived
Next 30 day projection 0 cars expected

We have no LA dealer currently
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
I just stopped by Criswell in Maryland, and they had a gorgeous Nightfall Blue with hardtop and touring awaiting customer pickup. Tom said that it came with a shipment including a yellow and Storm T.

BTW, once again Tom went above and beyond the call of duty, and spent about a half hour with me. This guy loves cars! A true enthusiast, just like us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Four for delivery

ConeFusion said:
I talked to MidRivers about 10 days ago, and they said that they were invoiced for 4 more cars. Not sure if they received them yet, I haven't heard anything. According to the information they got, as of two weeks, around 400 cars were on US soil (128 delivered).
AHHHHhhhh!

Mine FINALLY was delivered. On the 7/17 boat, but it had to wait for 3 more to arrive so they could truck 4 at a time. Available for delivery on 8/29.

The other three were there for delivery: green, blue and TS. There was a snafu with the clear bra on a couple of them (i.e., ordered but showed up without it).

BIG thanks to Steve at MidRivers for putting up with the weekly calls for updates. He reiterated that he was told there are 270 WAITING for delivery. Other sources here claim a TOTAL of 270 to hit shores, with all parties agreeing that about 128 delivered.

Either way, there are A LOT of cars at port. Good luck.

Couple of dozen pics at Fotki, if you can get it to work:

http://indyaudi.fotki.com/not_quite_audi/

Oh, yeah, this car rocks.

Cheers,
Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
803 Posts
I pick mine up tomorrow, Desert European

Desert European has delivered two cars and has two more in the shop this afternoon. They also have their demo as well.

I am flying down to pick mine up tomorrow. You will not hear from me for several days as I happily drive up the Pacific Coast.

They are starting to show up...

Michael
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,607 Posts
Re: I pick mine up tomorrow, Desert European

sandsmuseum said:
Desert European has delivered two cars and has two more in the shop this afternoon. They also have their demo as well.

I am flying down to pick mine up tomorrow. You will not hear from me for several days as I happily drive up the Pacific Coast.

They are starting to show up...

Michael
Congrats Michael, enjoy the drive! Your site is one of the first ones out there that I visited each day before I actually placed my elise order. Good to hear yours is here too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update for anyone's who's interested:

I spoke briefly with Dan on Tuesday. They received 3 Elises. Two were delivered today and there's an Artic Silver Elise in their showroom, which I think will be picked up tomorrow.
 

·
shay2nak
Joined
·
24,910 Posts
Re: I pick mine up tomorrow, Desert European

sandsmuseum said:
Desert European has delivered two cars and has two more in the shop this afternoon. They also have their demo as well.

I am flying down to pick mine up tomorrow. You will not hear from me for several days as I happily drive up the Pacific Coast.

They are starting to show up...

Michael
finally, huh! All your hardwork on your site and lobbying to get the Elise here has paid off.

have fun!
Ara
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
I am picking up my car from Downtown Jag in Minneapolis in about 6 hours. They have two other customer cars ready to deliver (BRG and metallic black). The wait is over....

Chrome Orange, LSS, Touring, Hardtop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
mike.griese said:
I am picking up my car from Downtown Jag in Minneapolis in about 6 hours. They have two other customer cars ready to deliver (BRG and metallic black). The wait is over....

Chrome Orange, LSS, Touring, Hardtop.
Congrats! Don't forget to take photos please!:clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,634 Posts
Saw a story in this morning's LA Times Business section about how the Ports of LA and Long Beach are increasing their hours of operation to be "almost 24 hours", I guess that means not quite 3 shifts, maybe 2 long shifts ? Anyway the story said this will dramatically increase the capacity of the ports, so this may help speed up deliveries of our west coast cars ! Here's hoping....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
mikester said:
Saw a story in this morning's LA Times Business section about how the Ports of LA and Long Beach are increasing their hours of operation to be "almost 24 hours", I guess that means not quite 3 shifts, maybe 2 long shifts ? Anyway the story said this will dramatically increase the capacity of the ports, so this may help speed up deliveries of our west coast cars ! Here's hoping....
I think our problem stems from a 5 letter word starting with an L
not a B. It's Lotus not Boats that prevents cars from arriving.

Steve
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top