The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're prepping the car for paint currently, and I'm in need of the weather stripping on the doors and the piece that runs along the rear roof panel, that the top seals on. Are there any other resources for this other than Lotus Garage?
If you painted your car did you replace yours or try and resuse the original?

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
We're prepping the car for paint currently, and I'm in need of the weather stripping on the doors and the piece that runs along the rear roof panel, that the top seals on. Are there any other resources for this other than Lotus Garage?
If you painted your car did you replace yours or try and resuse the original?
I just removed my weather-stripping on the door last week for a small paint job. You can absolutely reuse the seals at the top of the door without any issue.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All, naturally that was my plan. However my friend was a little careless when removing them, as I was not present to inform him I planned on reusing them. Perhaps a good amount of 3M tape and careful reinstallation of the torn pieces will suffice?
The car has to be ready for our grand opening on the 28th, so in all honestly it would cut it close if I bit the bullet and spent the money on the new set.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Suck dude! When I painted my car, I tried to be careful removing that darn weather strip along the top but it ripped. I have an '05 an it was a little aged so I figured I'd just replace it. Unfortunately, it was like $150 for a replacement! Son of a B, that sucked big time.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Lotus has been really dragging their feet about getting parts out to customers. Unless someone has the weather stripping in stock, I highly doubt you'd have it in time for the 28th... probably not even August 28th.

I have had several pieces on order since I bought my car about 2 months ago!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I spoke to Lotus Garage and they did say they had a shipment arriving the 17th, an the pieces I need should be on that order. I feel like the prices are completely ridiculous as well. We have some very talented members here on LT, I'm sure one of us has experience creating weather stripping or something similar, it would be nice to have an alternative.
My car leakes like no tomorrow either way, I may just reuse the torn ones for now.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Well I spoke to Lotus Garage and they did say they had a shipment arriving the 17th, an the pieces I need should be on that order. I feel like the prices are completely ridiculous as well. We have some very talented members here on LT, I'm sure one of us has experience creating weather stripping or something similar, it would be nice to have an alternative.
My car leakes like no tomorrow either way, I may just reuse the torn ones for now.
Don't count on them to be on time. They told me they had a shipment coming with the hardware I needed and it should only take 2 weeks to ship... I got my hardware 3 months later.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Don't count on them to be on time. They told me they had a shipment coming with the hardware I needed and it should only take 2 weeks to ship... I got my hardware 3 months later.
+1

I've been waiting for parts for a month and a half now from them.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Sherm has been very good to deal with and has certainly worked some discounts into additional items I have ordered through them because of the long wait. Please realize it's not anything Lotus Garage is doing to slow the process, just if it has to come from Lotus, THEY are being very slow.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Talk to Justin at Fox Valley. Being a real dealer, they have direct access to the distribution center so he'll get you what you need quicker than anyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts