The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
road and track just compared new alfa 4c to caymanS and a lotus elise s/c. as usual, the italian was the best looking, the german was the most practical, and the british was the best driver. amazing for a 15 yr old platform!

specifically compared the steering of the lotus to alfa, both of which are manual. i think alfa is 1st sports car since elise to have manual steering. they felt the lotus was perfect while alfa had issues with ability to keep car on course.

hope for alfa is that usa suspension will be an improvement, it doesnt gain too much weight, and costs in the $50's. if it does all that, its a good alternative for someone who wants a new car warranty. as for me, i will keep my lotus

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
road and track just compared new alfa 4c to caymanS and a lotus elise s/c. as usual, the italian was the best looking, the german was the most practical, and the british was the best driver. amazing for a 15 yr old platform!

specifically compared the steering of the lotus to alfa, both of which are manual. i think alfa is 1st sports car since elise to have manual steering. they felt the lotus was perfect while alfa had issues with ability to keep car on course.

hope for alfa is that usa suspension will be an improvement, it doesnt gain too much weight, and costs in the $50's. if it does all that, its a good alternative for someone who wants a new car warranty. as for me, i will keep my lotus
Yeah, posted up earlier this week, although my brain freeze when typing in the subject line made it so it likely wouldn't show up in a search.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/road-track-comparo-nelike-alfa-225234/

Although I guess we read it and arrived at different conclusions. My take was that the Porsche 'won' the overall comparo. The last two or three paragraphs of the article gushed about it.

My takeaway was that the Alfa isn't quite ready for primetime.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,885 Posts
The 111 chassis is actually 20 years old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.