The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Apologies in advance for the ignorant question, but a search of the site didn't uncover an answer to this)

I've seen some pics on the forum of Elises with black "LSS" wheels like those on the Exige. From what I can gather LSS = Lotus Sport Suspension. Is this available as a factory option on the Elise or is it aftermarket? I spoke to a local dealer about putting black wheels on an Elise SC he has in stock, but he said he didn't think they were available, but they could paint the stock Elise wheels!! That wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for... :crazyeyes

·
Registered
780 Posts
lss is a factory option. go to lotuscars.com

black lss wheels are a different option

·
Registered
252 Posts
Maybe black LSS wheels are available but I am not aware. I have seen some black ones that others had powder coated and if the car is the right color, the black wheels look awesome. Of course, I am a little prejudice.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I think the option is called the "black pack" and the defuser is black too, no?

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I don't see the black pack as part of the available options on the Lotus website anymore.

The Exige wheels are black and I know of a few Exige owners that had their dealer switch out to silver wheels. Maybe calling around to different dealers to see if they have black wheels available is an option. You can always sell the silver Elise wheels here on the forum.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
are you talking about these?

I'm selling these wheels in the Parts sxn...(PM if interested)

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
are you talking about these?

I'm selling these wheels in the Parts sxn...(PM if interested)
Lotus shipped the LSS wheels to the US in black, either to be bought aftermarket and/or as standard on the US spec Exige cars. The wheels on your car are the Euro spec Exige wheels.

The black back had the standard Lotus wheels coated...black.

The Euro spec Exige wheels are just a little lighter than the standard wheels, and quite a bit heavier than the LSS Elise/US spec Exige wheels.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Actually guys, Black Pack consists of black rear diffuser and black standard wheels. If you saw an Elise with the black forged Exige wheels, the customer could have had them powder coated or made a deal with the dealer but if you saw an Elise with the European (cast) Exige wheels that's just because:

A. Customer or dealer switched them out or

B. In '05 (maybe '06, I forget) Lotus had a shortage of Forged wheels for the sport pack Elise and for a short time was offering the European (cast) Exige wheels on the Elise in either silver or black at a discounted price of $2295 (original sport pack price at the time was $2495).

Black Forged wheels were never a package on the Elise as Lotus has always tried to maintain this look for the Exige.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts