The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious - what is the highest miles anyone has seen on an Elise ? I know there are many, many 2ZZ engines in Celicas, Vibes, and Matrix that have gone well over 200k. I recall seeing an Elise on Autotrader a while back with around 100K miles.

·
Premium Member
11,704 Posts
Not sure why you wouldn't think this has come up before. IIRC, it has.

How to Search:

For future reference: Don't use the search on this site. Simply use Google and end the search text with "site:lotustalk.com".

E.g.
Transmission Fluid change what bolt site:lotustalk.com no space betw site:lotustalk.com

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank goodness the forum police showed up. I almost started a lighthearted and possibly informative thread. For the record, I did search- the old threads don't have many actual examples of high mileage- more discussion on low mileage examples.... but hey- glb- if that's what you do to feel important- have at it. ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure why you wouldn't think this has come up before. IIRC, it has.

How to Search:

For future reference: Don't use the search on this site. Simply use Google and end the search text with "site:lotustalk.com".

E.g.
Transmission Fluid change what bolt site:lotustalk.com no space betw site:lotustalk.com
Calm down over there. No one needs you to tell them to search. Don't click on the link if you have already seen a thread about the topic. This forum is brutal with the search natzi's. I have been actively involved in many different forums over the years and I have never seen so many people like yourself, on all the threads.

·
Premium Member
11,704 Posts
We disagree. First, I am almost always calm.

2nd, clearly it's better to have all the info/data in one place than 4 or 5. Makes it a better site, which is a worth goal.

3rd, you've been here less than a month and wouldn't be quite as tired/bored as many of us after seeing the same crap so many times.

4th, Sorry, but common sense would dictate that a whole lot of topics have been covered in 12 yrs.

5th, the word "Nazi" is very specific where it applies. Don't use it frivolously or weaken that meaning.

6th, I could say "no one need you to tell them to calm down", but am much too nice for that. (j/k)

·
Premium Member
11,704 Posts
Thank goodness the forum police showed up. I almost started a lighthearted and possibly informative thread. For the record, I did search- the old threads don't have many actual examples of high mileage- more discussion on low mileage examples.... but hey- glb- if that's what you do to feel important- have at it. ?
There is no need to be insulting...or defensive.

I just found about a dozen threads about "high mileage" using what I showed you. These were germane.

I help a bunch of people on LT and don't need gratuitous (and trite) crap from you.

If you wanted this to be informative, wouldn't it be better with all those other entries?

(Hint: Yes)

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,393 Posts
@glb

The two users that don't like your post (because they don't know how to search properly) have been here for days, not for over a decade. I wouldn't expend too much energy on them.

I personally feel when you join a forum you need to ease into it. Learn who to listen to and who to ignore. This forum is no different than some others, but generally the members here have a vast amount of knowledge and are well-mannered. Some of us took some time to learn some manners, but most get along. Just my $0.02. This is coming from oldmansan, not a forum moderator.

San

·
Premium Member
11,704 Posts
It's OK; I type fast.

It just seems ppl are so defensive. This stems from insecurity. I am a good home mechanic, but have friend who are pros.

When they say there's a better way or I did something wrong, I never argue. "Tell me more."

Defensiveness keeps us from learning.

Thx, San

·
craigyirush
1,536 Posts
Thanks for the on-topic reply with new information not covered in any previous posts.
Exactly! It can be worth posting about an old topic again as there may be new info.

I posted a few months ago about the 'flying turn signal' problem. Obviously, I knew that this had been happening since the cars were new. I also knew that there were many threads on it (which I read). But what I wanted to find out was whether there was any NEW info about a fix (OEM or not). Yet I still got told to use the search function by the same person who scolded you!

·
Premium Member
11,704 Posts
Perhaps I misunderstand. Or, this is a failure of logic.

Say there was a new fix, which wasn't likely. Wouldn't that have been best placed where one could find the other remedies???

Geez.

·
craigyirush
1,536 Posts
Perhaps I misunderstand. Or, this is a failure of logic.

Say there was a new fix, which wasn't likely. Wouldn't that have been best placed where one could find the other remedies???

Geez.
As far as I am aware, there is no policy on this forum which requires members to revive old threads when they want to ask a question which has already been discussed (though some of us do).

I agree that in some cases (on important problems like cam wiping) it's better to have all the info in one thread. But that hardly applies to the 'vital' question of high mileage Elises. And even in the case of cam wiping, there are numerous separate threads on its causes and consequences.

If the existence of multiple threads irks you, try and get the policy changed. Or just don't read the offending thread. In either case, stop being a busybody.

·
7,393 Posts
Nobody on this forum can tell another what to do, unless it is an administrator or moderator, and only then because the person is violating forum rules/policy.

The whole "if you don't like it, don't click on it" or "shut your pie hole" attitude is ignorant. Please play nicely. Enough said.

San

·
Premium Member
11,704 Posts
As far as I am aware, there is no policy on this forum which requires members to revive old threads when they want to ask a question which has already been discussed (though some of us do).

I agree that in some cases (on important problems like cam wiping) it's better to have all the info in one thread. But that hardly applies to the 'vital' question of high mileage Elises. And even in the case of cam wiping, there are numerous separate threads on its causes and consequences.

If the existence of multiple threads irks you, try and get the policy changed. Or just don't read the offending thread. In either case, stop being a busybody.
[sigh...]

Makes no sense that it's better to have all the info in one spot for one topic but not another.

"Policy" was/is not the issue; straw man thing you got there. Logic and convenience are, however.

If you add a question or comment to an existing thread, it shows up in "New Posts" and will garner attention. I seem to remember telling you this already.

Your gratuitous insult....hmmm. Combining that with a lack of common sense, I bet I can guess your political party....

·
7,393 Posts
As this thread is producing almost no actual data, I'll be inclined to close it if no progress is made.

Again, let's all play nicely. Thanks.

San

·
Premium Member
11,704 Posts
Am having fun, San.

Guys, maybe it's just me (it often is), but I'd rather read one thread vs. 5.

Quirky, huh??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts