The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was taken from a thread on a motorcycle forum. Someone felt the Elise's hood scoops didn't look good and did a photoshop.

Asides from the fact their functional, does the Elise look better with or without scoops?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I like the Elise as is.... The hood scoops give it a purposeful aggressive look. Plus, they are very functional.

I have similar scoops on my Evolution VIII and I like them there as well.

I agree, though..... Black or dark silver mesh would look better than the slatted vents we have. I'm hoping someone will figure out a DIY and post a faq on it. I did a similar job on my 911 using gutter gard mesh from Home Depot. $1.99 each and it looks awesome!

-Dave
'05 Lotus Elise BRP, Touring, Hardtop
'00 Porsche 911 C2 w/GT3mk1 aero
'03 Evolution VIII
'89 BMW M3 (for sale)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
No wonder the pics look so different -- I just realized they photoshopped out the small lights next to the main headlights too.

And the ornament.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
ekological said:
I like the vents, but I'm not too crazy about the front scoop and brake duct scoops. Something in a black mesh perhaps recessed further back. I could figure out how to remove the brake duct ones.
The "brake duct ones" are actually the oil coolers...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
pinmagic said:
No wonder the pics look so different -- I just realized they photoshopped out the small lights next to the main headlights too.

And the ornament.
They removed the Lotus badge as well. I'm still trying to find the difference between the 2nd and 3rd pics though.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I do like the cleaner front end.

Where the heck is this field anyway ?????

In addition to these pics, there are 2 Elises for sale
on ebay right now with photos taken in the same damn spot.

Steve

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sonza68 said:
They removed the Lotus badge as well. I'm still trying to find the difference between the 2nd and 3rd pics though.
Wait! There's no difference between the 2nd and 3rd. The original poster on the R1 forum, did a with/without comparision after he posted how the Elise would look w/o the scoops.

I think the w/o scoops would work if Lotus were to be a larger, comfortable M250 type model and just added a front trunk for more practicality.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts