The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um, yeah....

No, nothing is for sale yet! ;)
(not the hardtop, not the wheels, etc..)

Anyone have any advice for dealing with insurance? I'm worried that they won't realize what the car is and will handle it strangely.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I can give you advice with insurance. But without knowing how the company's looking at it and what direction they're taking, I got nothing. If you don't mind me asking, what happened?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had MUCH less damage done to my front clam and it cost around $13k. Assuming the damage scales proportionately, you may be close to "totalled status".

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
best of luck with all that follows...

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
You mean you're worried the insurance will try to repair the car when it perhaps should not be repaired?

I wouldn't worry. Looks like you'll need a new front clam, rear clam, front crash structure, both head lights (expensive), new grille, new diffuser, and probably more.

If that doesn't total it, I'd be surprised :p

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
So sorry to see this... I sure hope you are ok, the car can be repaired / replaced.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You mean you're worried the insurance will try to repair the car when it perhaps should not be repaired?
Not so much that but more that they will play around with prices & pushing to have it repaired at a certain shop, etc...

I came through a tricky corner that caused the rear to get "real light, real quick" and it sent me into a guard rail. Thats not all of the details but to be honest, I'm not sure what all of the details are. I'm heading up tomorrow to take a closer look at it and see if I can figure out what all happened.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
You know what really sux about seeing this? You get to know who is on Lotustalk, you get to see their cars, you get to see their mods... then horribly, you get to see a thread like this...

Sorry man, really... Hope you can get it fixed up. Love that Krypton Green...
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Looking at the pics, did the condition of your tires have any role in this? I know that's assumptive and I apologize if I'm incorrect. But I know how those tires behave even close to the wear bars and those look like they're past that point.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I know my AD07s got very scary when they got close to the wear bars

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have Progressive and they allowed me to choose the shop. I was certain to use a shop that is highly experienced with the Elise. Hopefully your situation is the same. If they have to repair, it will take FOREVER (if it's done right, of course). My fingers are crossed for it being totalled AND that you are not upside down! (glad you're ok BTW)

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I have Progressive and they allowed me to choose the shop. I was certain to use a shop that is highly experienced with the Elise. Hopefully your situation is the same. If they have to repair, it will take FOREVER (if it's done right, of course). My fingers are crossed for it being totalled AND that you are not upside down! (glad you're ok BTW)

+1 on Progressive being great for claims :)

·
Banned
118 Posts
Sorry dude if it is totalled which it probably is, can you give me the phone number of the junkyard where it will be located since i might buy it if the price is reasonable. Thanks

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Sorry dude if it is totalled which it probably is, can you give me the phone number of the junkyard where it will be located since i might buy it if the price is reasonable. Thanks

Don't you think that's kind of an insensitive thing to ask given the fact that we have no idea if it's totaled and that this is probably an emotional situation for the guy? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I came around a banked corner when it was really cold one night and the back end got real light. I ended up drifting about 40ft until it straightened out.

That was my scare and I ordered new tires the next day....

Sorry to hear of your accident. Hopefully everything will work itself out.....

1 - 20 of 115 Posts