The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an artic silver elise from prestige inports in Miami. I should have it here in the next 10 days. I also own a porsche twin turbo x-50. i bought the elise just for the track so i could return the porsche to a daily driver. I am hoping that the kinks have been worked out of lotus cars. I have had three before and needless to say there were all terrible.I will keep you posted on the progress and hope that my lap times are not to far off the porsche. Jim:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Welcome to EliseTalk - let us know how the two cars compare iin photos and a good technical review. Glad to hear from you. :)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Welcome to elisetalk. Did you get the base car or with options?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Jim this is my third Lotus also, and all of them were terrific exciting cars to drive. The past ones were not much on build quality or fit and finish but great cars to autocross and track. I have the say the build quality of the Elise is far better than anything I have seen from Lotus on past cars. Long term reliability seems to be OK on the European cars that have been around for a while. I expect the Toyota engine to be better than the Rover in the long term, we will see.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Jim, How was your experience at Prestige? If you don't mind saying, what did you wind up paying for your car?

·
Registered
63 Posts
transio said:
Prestige apparently doesn't have a list.
Not sure, but a couple of months ago they had a couple of cars on the floor available way over MSRP. It was at that point I found Elisetalk and PBMC and decided to wait.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Prestige is VERY shady. Get everything in writing. If you want a yellow one, mine is coming in late October at the Collection in Miami and should wind up on their showroom unless they already resold it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I sold my modified 996 turbo when I bought the Elise. Clearly TT was MUCHO faster, but for purely fun factor I'd say the Elise is the winner. I'm craving some speed again, though, and now have an F430 on order.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
elise

I like you am a complete speed junky. I am going to keep the porsche while i experiment with the elise to see if it can curtail my needs. Ironically i also ordered a f430 from Orlando ferrari about two weeks ago. Of course they put me on some magic list but assured me a car within 2 years. I can have alot of fun in the interim. Jim

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Damn, 192 mph you would not want to hit a jack rabbit or anything else for that matter going that fast. Remember years ago in on of the Coast to Coast races a guy in a Ferrari hit a rabbit in the middle of no where and there was a picture in one of the car magazines. The whole front lid of the Ferrari was caved it. The guy claims he was going something like a 150 mph.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts