The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade my intercooler and improve the airflow to it so i can get more reliable power. I have been looking at all of my options and I found that Eliseparts has what appears to be a nice kit with a new larger intercooler, heat shielding, and supplemental ducting. It looks like a decent deal!

Elise Parts - Engine & Gearbox - Cooling - Supercharger Intercooler

Does anybody have experience with these parts? Anyone have experience with this company?

Thanks!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade my intercooler and improve the airflow to it so i can get more reliable power. I have been looking at all of my options and I found that Eliseparts has what appears to be a nice kit with a new larger intercooler, heat shielding, and supplemental ducting. It looks like a decent deal!

Elise Parts - Engine & Gearbox - Cooling - Supercharger Intercooler

Does anybody have experience with these parts? Anyone have experience with this company?

Thanks!

Yup, I've spent about $30K over there, stand up outfit, great products, great service, no BS.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
It is the proalloy kit which is sold by sector 111 in the united states

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys! Anyone have experience with it?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I am not aware of anybody in the states that has installed it. i looked around a bit. There are some reviews on the british sites.

you have the stuff from really light stuff as an option as well.

Aschen hopes it doesnt turn into a vendo bashing thread.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Hmmmm... If only we knew someone who was a mechanical engineer that specialized in intercoolers... ;)

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I am not aware of anybody in the states that has installed it. i looked around a bit. There are some reviews on the british sites.

you have the stuff from really light stuff as an option as well.

Aschen hopes it doesnt turn into a vendo bashing thread.
Yeah I haven't heard people talking about it...

I don't want to bash vendors either but to be honest, RLS's prices are very high. I think it is because they use carbon fiber for everything! I don't need carbon fiber shrouds and air scoops because it adds cost, you can't see the parts in the first place, and it has very minimal weight reduction. Just my opinion... I do respect Thomas's engineering and time he put into his products though don't get me wrong!

PS: I live less than a mile away from RLS too... I just wish their stuff was more affordable!

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
I don't know of any direct comparisons, but the "more muscles for the cup" thread in the exige subforum features a proalloy IC.

Also, there shouldn't be anything wrong with asking this kind of question should there? No one's behaving badly (yet)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah I haven't heard people talking about it...

I don't want to bash vendors either but to be honest, RLS's prices are very high. I think it is because they use carbon fiber for everything! I don't need carbon fiber shrouds and air scoops because it adds cost, you can't see the parts in the first place, and it has very minimal weight reduction. Just my opinion... I do respect Thomas's engineering and time he put into his products though don't get me wrong!

PS: I live less than a mile away from RLS too... I just wish their stuff was more affordable!
agreed 100% I ordered the RLS kit. It looks really nice and was a bit of an indulgance. I agree there isnt a good reason for it to be made of carbon fiber, but it will look cool at least in the engine bay. You can piece together the kit with plastic ductwork from the various racer supply houses if you want to get a little creative.

The pro alloy kit looks nice, but there is not alot of info on it. I honestly think the extra cooling air is more important than the uprated / larger core.

The intercooler area seems well suficient enough to suport heat transfer for stockish HP. Also the fin and tube design and thinner core will have less pressure drop across the core allowing more air through.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The pro alloy kit is a full rip off of the RLS kit. Its pretty easy to come along and copy another vendors inter cooling package. You don't have to spend countless hours testing and proving your design. There is a reason the heat shield is carbon fiber. It doesn't heat soak like aluminum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts