The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Why the extra cost? Looks like it is £1495.00 new on the website. Not trying to question the price, I just don't know what all it comes with for the new price versus what you are offering.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why the extra cost? Looks like it is £1495.00 new on the website. Not trying to question the price, I just don't know what all it comes with for the new price versus what you are offering.
£1495.00 is ex VAT. Price including VAT from EliseParts is £1794.00...:cool:

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was not trying to start a thread on pricing, but wondered what additional options had been purchased to make a "used" item worth more than a new one.
Trying to recover tax on a used item is a losing battle. If I buy from Eliseparts new, I don't think that I will have to pay it(since it is an export). If I buy from them I am the original purchaser and get the full warranty and support.
Do you know if that is reprogrammable to white dash, or is that a hardware difference?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe in the US you don't have to pay VAT when you purchase something from Europe or somwhere else. In the EU you definitely have to pay VAT if you buy something from an other EU member state or any other country.
In the Netherlands you even have to pay taxes and custom fees for used products bought outside the EU :confused::mad:

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Straight from FedEx Website!
They charged me a tax

Duties and Taxes
Almost all shipments crossing international borders are subject to
the assessment of duties and taxes imposed by the importing country’s government. Duties and taxes are imposed to generate revenue, protect local industries against foreign competition or both. The duties and taxes normally must be paid before the goods are released from customs. A shipment’s duty and tax amount may be based on:
• Product value
• Trade agreements
• Country of manufacture
• Use of the product
• The product’s Harmonized System (HS) code

http://images.fedex.com/ca_english/international/intlrefguide.pdf#page11

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Straight from FedEx Website!
They charged me a tax

Duties and Taxes
Almost all shipments crossing international borders are subject to
the assessment of duties and taxes imposed by the importing country’s government. Duties and taxes are imposed to generate revenue, protect local industries against foreign competition or both. The duties and taxes normally must be paid before the goods are released from customs. A shipment’s duty and tax amount may be based on:
• Product value
• Trade agreements
• Country of manufacture
• Use of the product
• The product’s Harmonized System (HS) code

http://images.fedex.com/ca_english/international/intlrefguide.pdf#page11

Yah.. It's not VAT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts