Discussion Starter #1

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Wow, yellow on the S1 is just incredible. It is a shame that the S1 body style isn't coming to the U.S.

Thomas

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John Stimson said:
You only see one? :p
LOL! I only saw one also. But on closer look....

It is like Where Is Waldo?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI Thomasio,
JUst finished reading Clement's book on the Elise. The Lotus guys he interviewed made a major point of saying how far superior in build quality the S2 (not even talking about the even better S2 111) had over the S1 series.

Having driven both and looked over both very closely, they're right, no comparison as to build quality. I personally have always liked the S2 series better, seems more aggressive to me. ;)
Chris

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Oops! Shoulda known I wouldn't have got that one past you Craigy.

Chris "who's in his last year of HAIR DESIGN" Smith ;)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
LOL Literally 2 seconds after I posted that message, I saw the other one. I thought I'd wait until someone corrected me :)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I finally watched the Stelvio vid with the volume on. The woman passenger play by play commentary was a hoot!!
Chris

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Honestly!"

:)

Made me wonder if the road was one-way though... that one corner seemed a bit blind. Anyone know?

I wish we could rent an Elise. This would be a very cool vacation trip.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Randy,
I rode a Ducati monster this past July in the Dolomites (1600 kms in 5 days) for the motogiro. That's the way ALL the mountain roads are there.
Especially nice that you encounter almost NO traffic on these roads going either way.

Italy has to be one of the coolest places I've driven/ridden in!!

RE: Rental, I checked, a company in London rents Elises (you can even pick them up at the airport, unfortunately they won't let you take them out of the country!

Chris:(

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Too bad about the rentals. Maybe a different car? That person I linked above did Stelvio in a Toyota Spyder.

The thing about mountain roads that get almost no traffic, is that is the worst time to cut it close on a blind curve.

See-

http://www.cpdserver.com/conecam/video/Accident.wmv

This just happened. :eek:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Randy,
It's more fun on a motorcycle, more room that way too, and Italy is an m/c friendly country.

Also, the thing about alot of the mountain roads there, you can see well into the other lane looking ahead of the turn, having said that, got to say, that guy took more chances than I would, especially with the passenger chattering about various and sundry at the same time, "Wasn't that Trevor we just passed?"";)
Chris

·
Registered
109 Posts
Originally posted by Randy Chase Made me wonder if the road was one-way though... that one corner seemed a bit blind. Anyone know?[/B]
Two way traffic. Two cars pass going in the other direction. While I appreciate some spirited driving in the right circumstances I can't appreciate the vid. Too much risk IMO.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Randy Chase said:
The thing about mountain roads that get almost no traffic, is that is the worst time to cut it close on a blind curve.

See-

http://www.cpdserver.com/conecam/video/Accident.wmv

This just happened. :eek: [/B]
Was it you? Looks horrible. Also noticed that the car approaching was also going quite fast and didn't seem to try to evade the car with the camera.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not me. Another Spyder owner. Car was totalled.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
There's a company in Frankfurt called Turtle Rent that offers the Elise.

The contract specifically lists the Nurburgring as out of bounds, but I' doubt there's a Stelvio stipulation...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts