The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I guess, that's because the leather is lacquered (the color) so they're concerned it might damage, that said, I've used lexol which is very mild and ph neutral so it's good for the leather. Don't know that I'd use any cleaners on it, although lexol has a neutral ph cleaner which is very mild.
Chris

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
For weekly maintenance, wiping down the leather with a damp to wet microfiber seems to be adequate. A little water won't hurt the leather and is almost like giving it a light sponge bath. The most important part of leather care is keeping it clean, just like your skin. You don't need to be conditioning it every week and in fact, I think that's too much.

Chris,
Do you mean that the dye is sprayed on, as with Japense leather, or is it vat dyed?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
got my bundle yesterday. That mitt is very soft. Thought about trying it out on my girlfrined in the bath since I don't have my car yet:D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Vantage,
You got me their I assumed it was done like the Ferrari leather with lacquer, but don't know if that's done with a vat, I know when I fixed I was given a can of the lacquer and used an air gun to do the wear area in my 348s side bolster.
Chris

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
okay I won't post any pics.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
doesn't recommend specialty leather products? That's great! When I had my Elan, they recommended Connely Leather Hide Food, which, I've gotta admit made the leather soft, supple, kept it perfect, but it also made the car smell like a petting zoo. I'm looking forward to just using Lexol on the Elise.

Barry

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks for asking. I haven't been able to set aside some time to get the picture taken, but I plan to very soon. I will update this thread as soon as it is done. I'm very sorry about the delays.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
another starter kit ordered...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Lotus Super Bundle Available

Thanks for the order, LotusLust.

For those waiting for a more comprehensive starter bundle, I have put together the Lotus Super Bundle. It includes everything in the Lotus Starter Bundle then we add a plastic and vinyl cleaner for scuff marks, glass cleaner, vinyl and rubber protectant, wheel cleaner, wheel brush and an assortment of microfiber.

Lotus Super Bundle

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I don't recommend the wheel brush if you have sport wheels. I bought one and it is useless. Doesn't fit between spokes and the end bristles (being too stiff) have scratched the inside of my wheels.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Nick,

Made my purchase last week and went back and bought even more stuff. Thanks for the pormpt delivery.

Ever consider selling buckets? I went everywhere this weekend to buy a large bucket but nothing was wide or long enough to fit the big oxo brush. I found one at Griot's but that was way too expensive. Found a comparable one here for a somewhat reasonable price. It would have been nice to order a comprehenive package from your shop. One stop shop. :)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
pianomaniac said:
I don't recommend the wheel brush if you have sport wheels. ...Doesn't fit between spokes and .
Kiyoshi's post about a foam paint brush worked awesome. Perhaps Nick can throw one or two into the bundle.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The foam paint brush is a great idea. I'll add a couple to the bundle and save everyone a trip to the orange store.

Huggy-Yes, I want to pick up a bucket or two. I meant to look for them and SEMA and forgot. DOH! I'll contact my plastic bottle vendor to see what they can do.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
DetailersParadise said:
Huggy-Yes, I want to pick up a bucket or two. I meant to look for them and SEMA and forgot. DOH! I'll contact my plastic bottle vendor to see what they can do.
Something like the one I linked to above would be great. Hopefully you can beat the pricing too. :)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
huggy bear said:
Something like the one I linked to above would be great. Hopefully you can beat the pricing too. :)
That is indeed a sweet bucket, specially with the casters.

Nick, sorry I missed you at SEMA.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
yeah, but like you mentioned before about Griot's being pricey:

$13 for the lid
$25 for the casters

add $40 for the bucket, plus S&H you'll have a nice $100 bucket.

41 - 60 of 120 Posts