The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to give these seats a try, there was not much information posted when I bought them so I wanted to make this post. Originally wanted tilletts but they were too pricey after buying all the brackets ect.

The original lead time was 4-6 weeks, but it ended up taking double that for these to arrive. The company is eltech, an italian company that makes a ton of carbon fiber stuff. Communication was pretty good with 1 day response times, but language barrier could be difficult at times. The seats mount on the stock elige seat brackets. Weight is 10lbs each with leather/foam pads.

Compared to the probax, the first thing I noticed is the upper shoulder area is much tighter. Seating position is lower, and feels better. I would say if you struggle to fit in the stock probax definately don't get these. They are meant for smaller body size/weight people. Eltech does make another larger bucket style you can find on their website/facebook page. I havn't been able to take a drive as the exige is put away for the winter with a recent snow.

Seat padding is pretty good, they attach with velcro which I haven't done yet. Pretty much every option of the seat is customizable including padding style/material. The backs are raw carbon but I believe you an also get them finished too. The included hardware is not the greatest, I'll be replacing and putting on schroth profii III asm as well as reinforcing the seat bracket mounts with the inokinetic 6pak.

Overall I think they are a good seat for the 1500 euro w/ shipping to the states I paid.
Footwear Shoe Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Comfort

Gear shift Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2007 Elise VF2 Supercharged
20 Posts
The seats look great! I have the gloss carbon in mine. They are a bit slimmer in the shoulder area but the seating position is perfect! I can speak for the quality of the seats and these were installed in 2017 and the car has been driven about 14,000 miles since. They are in excellent shape still.
Helmet Bag Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
88 Posts
About how much lower are they, and is that some lumbar support I see there too? They look really nice, and easy to get in like the Tillet B5 but maybe more support at the same time.

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
2,146 Posts
Where are you guys ordering these seats at and for what cost? Doesn’t seem like GRP has them any longer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am digging this seat ! Very clean
Going to check the site out
Curious to see how much shipping to California is

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
@RS2
I just ordered a set, insured shipping to West coast Canada, was 75 euro, very reasonable. They said delivery is 4-6 weeks, will have see how long it actually takes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts