The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you use the e-brake on your Evora? To those that do, have you noticed the trim piece below it braking? Dealer tells me that it's made to flex and they often break. Mine is basically split in two, and it's not from abuse or pulling the brake too hard. They replaced it the day I picked up the car and it broke the very first time I used it.

I'm wondering if it's possible to adjust the brake linkage and/or tension on the brake handle boot to avoid this. If it's as prominent as I'm led to believe, it's an awful design.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
My brake was quite loose when I got the car. I had the dealer adjust it. Now just 3 clicks and that's it. No issue so far with the trim piece.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here the dealers fix it in 2 steps.

ONE: just to have the break electronically ON to be able to fit the Navisystem while driving.
TWO: more tension to get the real break effect.

Depending on what Navi you have, some modifications are only possible, when handbreak is on. But only as much "on" to have the input for the Navi without breaking.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Mine broke and was replaced under warranty. The new one does seem more flexible. But I agree that it's a terrible design. The brake should just be adjusted so that it's tight without flexing that trim piece. Dealer adjusted mine when they replaced the trim, but it does still pull up far enough to flex.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine broke and replaced under warranty, the new cover seems to be thicker material and will not flex as much as the broken cover. Also the new cover is Black color instead of the Gun Metal color on the original cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts