The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Original post http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129/emergency-unlock-switch-easy-mod-pictorial-16320/

Emergency Unlock Switch – Easy Mod Pictorial

A few of us have had door lock and alarm unlock issues. Here is an easy mod that shows how to install an emergency unlock door unlock switch in the boot.

Below is a picture of the Inertia Reset switch in the car. This switch is tripped when an Elise is hit and it turns off the fuel pump and automatically unlocks the doors.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are three wires that connect to this switch. The center White wire is the one that goes to the Central Door Locking Mechanism. When ever this wire receives +12 volts, the doors automatically unlock.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I connected one of the wires to my +12 volt lead on the battery. I recommend you have a fuse between the battery terminal and the switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran the other wire through the rubber grommet in the trunk that connects to the engine bay. Sorry no Picture. I then connected that wire to the White wire in the wiring Harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now is when you want to lock the car doors with the central lock. Then press the switch to make sure all your connections are good. The doors should unlock.
I then wrapped that connector with electrical tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I then carefully tucked my wires behind the Battery cover and replaced the battery cover. I am not sure of the clearance between the switch and the stock battery since I replaced mine with the Oddessey P680. However, if you have the stock battery you can place this switch anywhere in the boot.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.