The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else think that red looks nothing like the "red" on the configurator? Think it could be my top choice if it looks like this red here..

Fluid Rectangle Gas Art Tints and shades

Also that top right "Nimbus Grey" does some weird things in light. Comes out looking whitish in photos sometimes..

Paint Art Material property Font Tints and shades

And that green might be too dark for me....Comes out looking black.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Anyone else think that red looks nothing like the "red" on the configurator? Think it could be my top choice if it looks like this red here..

View attachment 1298102

Also that top right "Nimbus Grey" does some weird things in light. Comes out looking whitish in photos sometimes..

View attachment 1298103

And that green might be too dark for me....Comes out looking black.
Are they all metallic? Even the yellow? The green looks much darker than the configurator shows, and the red doesn't even look like the same color as the magma red. The red actually looks much better than I thought it would.

What camera are you using to take these pictures?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Are they all metallic? Even the yellow? The green looks much darker than the configurator shows, and the red doesn't even look like the same color as the magma red. The red actually looks much better than I thought it would.

What camera are you using to take these pictures?
The only non-metallic is the Hethel Yellow 😊

·
Registered
709 Posts
Also it looks like these pictures are being taken inside a building under the lighting inside, and are the building windows tinted? That could definitely affect the color representation.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Frick, I agree, that green is a few shades too dark... I guess it is called"dark" verdant lol

that's disappointing, I really wanted a British green color, but after seeing the Grey car from the launch and when jenson drove at laguna/goodwood, I don't love the car in dark colors.. hmmm...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I remember at the C8 roadshow GM had made little plastic molded miniatures of the car as paint color samples. Seemed like a great way to do it. You could probably 3d print them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Frick, I agree, that green is a few shades too dark... I guess it is called"dark" verdant lol

that's disappointing, I really wanted a British green color, but after seeing the Grey car from the launch and when jenson drove at laguna/goodwood, I don't love the car in dark colors.. hmmm...
I feel the same way.

·
Registered
426 Posts

Photos were taken INDOORS on with OVERCAST OUTSIDE cloudy weather

should pop in sun

1 - 20 of 207 Posts