The Lotus Cars Community banner
181 - 200 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Or mail several sets of paint sample disc to every lotus dealer ( yesterday) so that people with deposits can see the colors in person, if they are somewhat close to their local dealer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Or mail several sets of paint sample disc to every lotus dealer ( yesterday) so that people with deposits can see the colors in person, if they are somewhat close to their local dealer.
its a 2hr drive to my dealer but I'd be willing to pay for the samples

·
Registered
707 Posts
I just received this morning confirmation that the paint issues and concerns I sent in, regarding paint colors, samples and the configurator, have reached the people in charge of this at Lotus. Hopefully we'll see some improvements in that area here soon.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'll have to wait until they post a pic of the car in Dark Verdant, but just from browsing through the House of Kolor paint library, I found a few samples that are much closer to the configurator green, so paints in these colors do exist.

Peripheral Input device Mouse Automotive design Liquid
Peripheral Automotive design Input device Mouse Gloss

Peripheral Input device Automotive design Mouse Computer hardware
Peripheral Input device Computer hardware Automotive design Mouse

Automotive design Liquid Toy Glass Metal

Anybody have a favorite? I like the 4th one above.

Here's a snapshot of the configurator with an actual Dark Verdant sample on top of it.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just saw this on a U.K. forum from a guy who was at a showing and talked to a Lotus rep.

View attachment 1299226
Whoa! So no longer using a two clam system? Does this mean less expensive clutch replacement costs? I know that $5-10k job scares away a lot of potential buyers...

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Whoa! So no longer using a two clam system? Does this mean less expensive clutch replacement costs? I know that $5-10k job scares away a lot of potential buyers...
Clam removal isn't the majority of the cost; it's the engine+trans pull/r&r. But having separate panels that can be removed vs a clam would at least make it much more manageable for a single individual to do the work, and lessen the need for 4 hands.

·
Registered
707 Posts
@Eagle7 the one I saw on House of Kolor that seemed most similar in tint to the pics we've seen of the color discs was this one... Kolor Details - House Of Kolor

View attachment 1299311
Yes that looks about right, and to me it has too much blue in it. Compare that one on the left, to this one on the right from HoK which was the one I thought came the closest to the configurator. You can see how much warmer and more of a British Racing Green the one on the right is, compared to the one on the left.

Peripheral Input device Fluid Automotive design Mouse
Automotive design Liquid Toy Glass Hood

I understand from comments on the U.K. forum for those who've talked to Lotus (they've apparently gotten a lot of feedback about the configurator and color samples) that there's a new configurator coming, and at least one whole car painted in Dark Verdant, and possibly some body panels painted in the other 3 colors we haven't seen on a car. Hopefully we'll get those real soon.

·
Registered
142 Posts
@Locust curse you for posting that video screen shot. I kept clicking play and wondered why it wasn't working! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
50 Posts
@Locust curse you for posting that video screen shot. I kept clicking play and wondered why it wasn't working! :ROFLMAO:
I tried downloading the video but could not, it's the emira group on Facebook I got it from. figured since some folks wouldn't want to join another group just to see some samples I'd screenshot it. Video quality isn't very good though, highly compressed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 1299244
View attachment 1299245
blade silver from mclaren vs nimbus grey
Wow, I think you picked this one spot on! It has a gold shimmer to it which is quite classy!

Hard to tell whether this colour will work well on the Emira though. My sense is that this is more of a formal and conservative colour better suited to a saloon or tourer, but who really knows until we see one in the flesh.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Wow, I think you picked this one spot on! It has a gold shimmer to it which is quite classy!

Hard to tell whether this colour will work well on the Emira though. My sense is that this is more of a formal and conservative colour better suited to a saloon or tourer, but who really knows until we see one in the flesh.
I dunno... I'm not a silver fan in the least just because it does seem to be a common sedan color, but for some reason, I think it may work on the Emira. With all the shaper lines countered by softer curves, silver could really give it that liquid metal look.
Nimbus is now my #2 choice I think..

181 - 200 of 207 Posts