The Lotus Cars Community banner
161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
259 Posts
ALL the images everywhere except the pics of the actual blue car and actual dark gray car are photoshopped.
Of course they are, but most people are doing it to get a good idea of what the real color will look like in real life. Not an overly artificial photoshop look. It reminds me of a photographer I knew who made all faces look like porcelain dolls. Was so weird. But hey... to each their own I guess - she still had paying customers, so apparently people like that fake/plastic look ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you want to see the colors accurately there are really only two choices. One is to see the color samples in person and compare them in different lighting conditions. The ultimate would be to wait to see an actual car in person. Those waiting for FE orders do not have the luxury of the second choice.

·
Registered
707 Posts
So here's another picture by the same guy, same situation, but the convex side at an angle. I can't believe how much this color seems to be affected by the viewing angle and lighting. It definitely looks better in this second picture, but it's still a much colder, harder look. More blue in it than the configurator shows.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
314 Posts
Of course they are, but most people are doing it to get a good idea of what the real color will look like in real life. Not an overly artificial photoshop look. It reminds me of a photographer I knew who made all faces look like porcelain dolls. Was so weird. But hey... to each their own I guess - she still had paying customers, so apparently people like that fake/plastic look ;)
It's all conjecture, right? There's pretty broad agreement that even the renderings on the Lotus site don't look much like the pics of the paint samples.

I spent several minutes making my versions with increased resolution, and will be happy to fully refund all the money of anyone who is not 100% satisfied with them.

I'm gonna get a biggish print made of my silver, err, gray one and hang it up in my office so I have something to lust after for the next year or two until my car eventually shows up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone else think that red looks nothing like the "red" on the configurator? Think it could be my top choice if it looks like this red here..

View attachment 1298102

Also that top right "Nimbus Grey" does some weird things in light. Comes out looking whitish in photos sometimes..

View attachment 1298103

And that green might be too dark for me...Comes out looking black.
I think that most are Pearl and some are Metalic...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why would Lotus not send the US dealers the color samples and leather samples so we can get comfortable with the ordering process at this time...? It makes NO sense to send the samples to just the UK dealers unless they are not 100% committed to the 6 colors they have selected... however, they would be slighted to think that the US and the UK car buyers agree on colors for their cars... we have much more sunshine in the US than the UK...LOL...!

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
259 Posts
So here's another picture by the same guy, same situation, but the convex side at an angle. I can't believe how much this color seems to be affected by the viewing angle and lighting. It definitely looks better in this second picture, but it's still a much colder, harder look. More blue in it than the configurator shows.

View attachment 1299048
I honestly think the Verdant will be an awesome sleeper look. I swore off dark cars a while ago, because they require more detailing than I have time for. But for the right buyer... it'll be such an awesome color.

There's a similar green Jaguar F-Type R that I pass near a friends house and it doesn't attract too much attention, but when the sun hits it, it's just a thing beauty.

Anyway, I think it'll look awesome on the car, just not for me. The exact spec in the image you posted is just bellissima.

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
259 Posts
Why would Lotus not send the US dealers the color samples and leather samples so we can get comfortable with the ordering process at this time...? It makes NO sense to send the samples to just the UK dealers unless they are not 100% committed to the 6 colors they have selected... however, they would be slighted to think that the US and the UK car buyers agree on colors for their cars... we have much more sunshine in the US than the UK...LOL...!
They are... I'll be going to see the samples and sit in the car in about two weeks. The cars are on a world tour, we just happen to not be the first stop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in SE Florida, what dealer did you put your deposit with - I haven't heard of an Emira display at the dealer... please elaborate... thanks...

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
259 Posts
I'm in SE Florida, what dealer did you put your deposit with - I haven't heard of an Emira display at the dealer... please elaborate... thanks...
It doesn't look like you've done the introduction/profile thing, so not sure where exactly you're located. Despite being somewhat outspoken online, I tend to be very private. If you're local, let's chat, but I don't like posting too much publicly.

I have deposits with two dealers and one of them invited me to a private event. The other one hasn't yet. The one I'm going to also happens to be a Lamborghini dealer and let's just say that's my backup if I don't fall in love with the Emira. I don't believe I'm getting any preferential treatment because of that, though.

·
Administrator
7,527 Posts
It doesn't look like you've done the introduction/profile thing, so not sure where exactly you're located. Despite being somewhat outspoken online, I tend to be very private. If you're local, let's chat, but I don't like posting too much publicly.

I have deposits with two dealers and one of them invited me to a private event. The other one hasn't yet. The one I'm going to also happens to be a Lamborghini dealer and let's just say that's my backup if I don't fall in love with the Emira. I don't believe I'm getting any preferential treatment because of that, though.
Humm wonder how that will work out with what was posted by Gator some time back.

Lotus Cars US has implemented a process to "validate" & track Emira reservation deposits across the dealer network. This system will both prevent duplicate deposits placed with multiple dealerships and help Lotus US/UK set expectations for both production numbers & dealer allocations. Official allocation numbers have not been established and will most likely be adjusted due to the current demand. Originally only 570 Emira were expected to be allocated to North America for the first year of production. However, the Emira took off much better than expected and there are already discussions of adding a 2nd & possibly 3rd shift to factory production so that the demand can be fulfilled.

It's also likely that a number of reservation deposits will be cancelled over the next year as pricing/performance figures have yet to be announced, customers grow impatient to receive their car, personal reasons/events happen, etc. If you've already placed a deposit, its likely that you'll move up in line from this factor alone. If you want an Emira within the next year or so, you'll need to secure your place as soon as possible then be ready to wait it out just a little bit longer than those that came before you!

- Tony

Reactions: EspritGuy

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
259 Posts
Let's just say my situation is a little different. Don't worry, I'm not getting two FE's.

·
Administrator
7,527 Posts
Let's just say my situation is a little different. Don't worry, I'm not getting two FE's.
Not worried and I guess easily had by husband and wife and go with faster drop date.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally only 570 Emira were expected to be allocated to North America for the first year of production.
if that ends up being true i'm definetly not getting one in 2022 based on where i am in line and i'll probably drop out. i cant fathom waiting 16-24 months from deposit to delivery personally

·
Registered
436 Posts
if that ends up being true i'm definetly not getting one in 2022 based on where i am in line and i'll probably drop out. i cant fathom waiting 16-24 months from deposit to delivery personally
I hear you there... That's been my main concern since the beginning. And if I don't get an FE, knowing I'll have to wait even longer for the next round. That's why I hedged my bets by putting a deposit down on another car.

Jeez... I even went to go pick up a little cheapy car (cute little Mini Cooper S) yesterday just to hwve something to drive for a while. Drove 2 hours to buy it if all checked out. Turns out someone beat us to it and was literally in negotiations just as we arrived! I've never waited in a dealer parking lot to see if a car was or wasn't gonna sell. Needless to say, I came home without the car. Crazy times!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hear you there... That's been my main concern since the beginning. And if I don't get an FE, knowing I'll have to wait even longer for the next round. That's why I hedged my bets by putting a deposit down on another car.

Jeez... I even went to go pick up a little cheapy car (cute little Mini Cooper S) yesterday just to hwve something to drive for a while. Drove 2 hours to buy it if all checked out. Turns out someone beat us to it and was literally in negotiations just as we arrived! I've never waited in a dealer parking lot to see if a car was or wasn't gonna sell. Needless to say, I came home without the car. Crazy times!
yikes sorry to hear that
luckily i already own 3 cars and dont need another but the want with this emira is strong

·
Registered
436 Posts
yikes sorry to hear that
luckily i already own 3 cars and dont need another but the want with this emira is strong
Well, we have an F-150 and a Hellcat widebody Challenger (husband's car). But I've really racked the miles up on our truck since I sold my car at the end of July.
Funny story... Local dealer had nearly the exact same Mini. 10k less miles, Borla exhaust, CAI, aftermarket wheels and MANUAL!! but 1 year older. She's now sitting in my garage as a temp fun car. I can cross a Mini Cooper off my list now!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
44 Posts
This color debacle is a missed opportunity by Lotus.

SELL the speedforms if you have to. Sell em 3 for a $100 or whatever you deem appropriate, I'd buy them not only to make an informed color decision but to use them as little gifts or put em on display in the office.

161 - 180 of 207 Posts