The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand from my dealer that along with the USA Pricing, it was announced that delivery of the Emira will be delayed to 3rd quarter 2022.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Care to share which dealer? The rumors have run rampant since day 1. Even dealers have been wrong (see the Naples flyer claiming US pricing wouldn't be released until Oct 15th).

***Edit: maybe it wasn't Naples... But there was a dealer who had a flyer claiming the pricing release was not Oct 1st. Looking for the flyer...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Doesn't surprise me.. though I was told July 2022 for the first expected US deliveries directly from Lotus a couple weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
The conspiracy theorists would say that means dealers will see if they can sell their initial allocations for higher prices to some buyers, while delaying sales to those with locked in contract prices. Who wouldn't believe there are supply chain issues?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'd seen that in a few online articles but couldn't find a source cited - though I don't doubt the accuracy. Gonna be a long year...

·
Registered
122 Posts
i saw somewhere that saying Lotus is not affected by global electronics chip parts shortage problem due to its low volume production.

·
Registered
574 Posts
This is not new for us long time members/owners. Expect delays, especially in the current market situation we are in. Patience is needed if you want to be a Lotus owner.

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Yup, pass the popcorn....................

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Local dealer will be at a 007 premier/private showing at the movie theater this Saturday. Will ask then.

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
360 Posts
am i doing the math wrong, wasnt the initial delivery date always advertised as july '22 which is q3? howis that a delay
dinkman, stop confusing the Internet with facts

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400 manual, 2009 Rossion Q1, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
666 Posts
Get your Lotus now while you can and enjoy the wait!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Emira pricing doesn't seem to have affected the Evora market (yet), and a delay will only help. I got a handful of good offers on my 400 that is for sale within a few days of the Emira pricing announcement. Before that I only got a couple of low ball offers over a 3 week span.

Reactions: Midenginer

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I met with the folks from LCU at The Quail show in August (Monterey) and was told cars would start "landing" in June 2022. This would translate to 1st cars available for delivery (to customers) about 3-5 weeks later, or July 2022.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
340 Posts
Emira pricing doesn't seem to have affected the Evora market (yet), and a delay will only help. I got a handful of good offers on my 400 that is for sale within a few days of the Emira pricing announcement. Before that I only got a couple of low ball offers over a 3 week span.
Good to know. I think people will take an interest in the Evora since the Emira is still quite a few months away.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I was initially told Spring, not 3rd quarter.
Spring was not for North America but more for Europe.

North America as always been for july.

Reactions: dinkman

·
Registered
221 Posts
track season will be about over for me by late summer.. guess Id be fine waiting or even moving back in line .. I kinda think id rather get a non Ed1 ..just want base with a 6MT

1 - 20 of 39 Posts