The Lotus Cars Community banner
441 - 460 of 469 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
i placed a deposit 10 days ago at lotus motorcars in long island. i'm like # gazillion on the list lol. 2024 emira i come!
manhattan motorcars and jersey lotus was worse

·
Registered
426 Posts
Didn’t you already place a deposit for Emira?
NOPE..... not yet.....I do NOT want a 2022 FE, I want a 2023 , so I figured I would wait until pricing is released this week before I even bother. Besides I am also waiting for the Z06 info in 30 days from now.

I called several times to the Long Island dealer and they still have not called back. Left 3 messages for Gary. Manhattan had a huge attitude like they were doing me a favor by taking my deposit and I felt they were slimy about honoring MSRP. I spoke to North Jersey and they were very nice. So North Jersey is a possibility. I would prefer to buy form the dealer where I most likely will use for service, which would be Long Island, but they still have not called back or answered my emails. But If the wait list is too long, I am just going with Gator and will ship the car.

I have to say GATOR is the BEST. Always call back, always have good accurate info, and never try to push me to leave a deposit.

I even called Naples in Florida , but was turned off with how pushy and forceful they were to pry a deposit out of me, all while telling me that all their allocations for 2022 AND 2023 are already fulfilled.

MY first choice is GATOR for their straight up dealings, great call backs and follow ups, but again, I prefer to try to get local.

Its looking Like Gator in the end most likely.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, this is true however CA DMV doesn't care that it meets emissions. Go on their web site and you will see. Out of state purchase and first time registered in CA then you must have a smog and a VIN cert (no big deal, they can do it at DMV). Also the sensors don't turn on at a set number of miles. My C8 had over 600 miles on it and still no go. The smog "ref" waiver process is only available up to 1k miles, so if you go over 1k miles and the sensors are still not on then I guess you are begging DMV for another extension.
My DMV friend also recommended that I purchase it in CA just to avoid this possible situation and any other issues that might arise. :( When I got the Atom from Sector 111, I think Shinoo did this for me as well. So I didn't have to go through it. That car was registered under SPCNS so that is also the reason. But I totally believe you knowing how strict and annoying CA DMV is...speaking as a former employee.

Thanks for the advise. Working it out with Los Gatos now. But Major props to Allison and the team at Gator. 100% amazing customer service. It almost makes me want to deal with the headache since they are amazing over there...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, this is true however CA DMV doesn't care that it meets emissions. Go on their web site and you will see. Out of state purchase and first time registered in CA then you must have a smog and a VIN cert (no big deal, they can do it at DMV). Also the sensors don't turn on at a set number of miles. My C8 had over 600 miles on it and still no go. The smog "ref" waiver process is only available up to 1k miles, so if you go over 1k miles and the sensors are still not on then I guess you are begging DMV for another extension.
Fly in, pick up car and drive to CA, pass smog, Soup.

Peter

·
Registered
276 Posts
I found the first message from my local dealer the day I wanted to put a deposit down…

“So we are taking deposits but it’s preliminary. We have no idea from the factory if certain options or motor variants will take longer or slower.

With that being said we aren’t holding anyone to a specific order as it’s too unpredictable at least for now. We currently have about 5 or 6 confirmed deposits to give you an idea.”

Needless to say, I put a deposit with Gator that same day instead.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Curious why. Dealer concern? Trying for an earlier slot? Glad gator worked for you.
Well, kind of a long story, but the sales guy I talked to initially said the deposit was $2500 which aligned with other dealers and deposit holders I'd heard from. But then later he texted and said it was actually $5k. Got more info after that and they said they'd eventually want $10k to lock the order in. Just seemed like a bait and switch.
This forum mentioned Gator a lot, so I contacted them and the rest is history 😉

·
Registered
15 Posts
I called the closest four dealers to me. Both lotus dealers in jersey, Long Island and MMC. I ended up leaving my deposit with MMC. Initially it was $1,000 refundable at msrp. I did the paperwork right away then a couple days later I get a call saying it’s now $5,000 but since I was one of the first people, they’ll allow $1,000. Days later, I get a call saying Lotus is demanding $2,500 deposits. Lotus in summit wanted $2,500 NON refundable. I was like no fn way. So I end up with MMC, at this point I’m somewhere around #20 with their nonsense and then he wouldn’t put msrp on the paperwork when we discussed it before I gave them the deposit, comparing it to a Porsche Gt3 and he can’t say for sure with all the demand. I’m definitely not happy about it. Summit calls me after I’m done saying they’ve changed their policy and it’s now refundable. My guess is people refused to hand them $2,500 if they changes their minds. Princeton Lotus wouldn’t even take deposits and said they’d call when they start. I’m fully expecting for MMC to screw me and add on an ADM which I’m not going to pay.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My deposit is with Summit (Lotus of North Jersey) and it's $2500 refundable until spec and ordering. I made the deposit right after the reveal and my paperwork says MSRP. They have a great reputation and I spoke directly with the GM in person and he assured MSRP as well. We'll know more on the ordering time frame and any additional deposit requirements in the coming months.

Reactions: CoryCalabrese

·
Registered
15 Posts
My deposit is with Summit (Lotus of North Jersey) and it's $2500 refundable until spec and ordering. I made the deposit right after the reveal and my paperwork says MSRP. They have a great reputation and I spoke directly with the GM in person and he assured MSRP as well. We'll know more on the ordering time frame and any additional deposit requirements in the coming months.
This was on 7/7. Maybe they thought they could take advantage of me with the initial hype? I would’ve preferred to go with them but it’s too late now.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not mention this lady seemed to think she needed to speak to a man on my behalf?? “Someone more appropriate to talk to”??? Not sure what kind of sales approach this is but I noticed that anytime I call a dealership, they hand me off to a female sales advisor. Very annoying.

Attachments

441 - 460 of 469 Posts