The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone not loving how the badge is placed within the area that is depressed for the badge?
It just seems a bit off. I know it's a trivial thing but it has bugged me from the get go.

Registered
agree, I think it's off by a lot. Also the # and lettering design are horrible. I could have done better than this and by no way I'm a graphic artist.

Registered
I'm curious if non-FE cars will still have that indent.
non-FE will not have the #1 for sure. I'm waiting for the badge that says "Emira R" or "Emira GT", or "Emira Final Edition". Anything but the Emira FE 馃槀 馃榿. Not only that, I get to pick the unique colors that I like and different wheel options.

Registered
It's because the upper window profile doesn't match the roofline. Same issue with my favorite car, except Volvo didn't put a stupid badge there:
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

Premium Member
Good opportunity to go badgeless..

Registered
Yup - It's angled and aligned with the flow of the window but not the roof line or indent. I hope they fix it, but I doubt it. Here's another tread from a couple month ago on this issue.

Going badgeless isn't gonna be easy:

Reactions: vcappp

Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
Don't mind the indent or badge placement. Not everything has to be like Lego's and align perfectly. Kind of gives it an interesting, more artistic, flare.

Premium Member
It looks like they couldn't decide whether to:

1) align the "EMIRA" lettering parallel with the upper edge of the badge; or:
2) align it with the lower edge; or:
3) align it with a line that bisects the angle created by the upper edge and lower edge

In the end they chose to:

4) align the lettering such that it is parallel to a line extended from the upper edge of the window, and also the right leg of the "A" in "EMIRA" is parallel to the fwd edge of the badge on the passenger side of the car

Likely as not the choice was made by flipping a coin. 馃槜

I think #1 or #3 would have been better. Additionally the badge should have the same shape as the recess, or vice versa. Probably better for the recess/badge to follow the roof line, not the window line. Where are our Photoshop guys? 馃槅

Registered
2017 Evora 400
I wonder if this is because the roof can't be lower because of the height of the "seat belt mounting frame" (the steel hoop at the back of the passenger compartment) which has been the same since the S1 Evora?

Registered
Based on someone's screenshot above, later models should have an alternative badge to the FE to cover up that bolt. I think it was inspired by the Evija.
Hood Automotive tire Car Automotive lighting Vehicle

1 - 20 of 26 Posts