Administrator
13,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Automotive parking light

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,715 Posts
Interesting, I got a similar one but it was signed by my local dealer. It does not say when mine will be started because I ordered and I4. I am thinking I4 stands for "In 2024".

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Blue

·
Registered
244 Posts
I got nuthin’. Maybe it’s because I am not a “priority” customer. My car is one of the second month batches of FE.
I can’t remember what my original build month was anyway. I think October but at this point it wasn’t worth reserving brain cells for that data.

·
Administrator
13,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I posted was snatched from FB. It's obviously geared to to the UK market since US customers would have seen a Lotus US signature.

·
Registered
244 Posts
What I posted was snatched from FB. It's obviously geared to to the UK market since US customers would have seen a Lotus US signature.
Weren’t the UK cars originally May/June production and June/July delivery? If so, the October date is out much further than has been previously mentioned. I thought the latest from Lotus was a delay of 2-3 months which means August for UK first builds. Now that might be out to October? That seems like a big miss.

Seems reasonable that the US which I think was supposed to be 5-6 months behind the UK will still be 5-6 months behind. Unlikely to go double shifts to catch up, IMO.

I was happy being six months behind UK. Figured it would give Lotus a chance to work out some bugs. Let the Brits be the guinea pigs.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
1,399 Posts
My guess is Mar-Apr timeframe. But more realistically the beginning of the new year. This is the point where communication goes a long way. If its one component holding up, give us the option to change if we don't want to wait.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting, I got a similar one but it was signed by my local dealer. It does not say when mine will be started because I ordered and I4. I am thinking I4 stands for "In 2024".
It is not actually similar at all. The first one shown says when the car will be produced. What they sent you adds nothing to what you already new. It is like being on hold with a company and listening to the continuous message telling you how important your business is.

·
Registered
315 Posts
@GatorMS_Sales Any updates since today's meeting?
There's an embargo until noon EST today. Some US dealers have already started contacting customers though...
Sounding like Jan '23 production for US vehicles and ~March deliveries at the earliest.

·
Administrator
13,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forehead Hat Gesture Cap Sleeve

WELL? It's past 12

• Love
Reactions: lion shf and TJBNJ

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
The new Head of Supply Chain Operational Excellence for Lotus starts on Monday (seriously). That should fix things.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts