The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All
I just placed a deposit on the lotus emira. The dallas lotus dealership said there will only be 500 allocated in the us so get on the list!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hmm.. That's interesting info since I was told by Gator yesterday that Lotus has not said how many allocations there are.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm.. That's interesting info since I was told by Gator yesterday that Lotus has not said how many allocations there are.
well you never know lotus of dallas said that’s what he heard and another said it ups Veda’s total of 5000 so that would make 600 in the US make sense

not sure what his source of info was just passing o. What I heard

·
Registered
312 Posts
well you never know lotus of dallas said that’s what he heard and another said it ups Veda’s total of 5000 so that would make 600 in the US make sense

All of this unknown is frustrating and exciting all at the same time!

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
811 Posts
I will say this, nothing is official right now :). Lots of mis information.

·
Registered
111 Posts
FYI Copy and paste quote of the word from Gator motorsport

To answer questions about dealer allocations:

Official allocation numbers will not be provided to the dealer network until later this year, however, Lotus Cars US has been coaching the dealer network to collect "dozens" of reservation deposits in the meantime. From what has been discussed so far, allocation will be based upon past performance & market potential as a franchise, but ultimately the number of order deposits collected matters the most. Orders placed with a reservation deposit will be fulfilled BEFORE the Emira is made available for the dealer network to order cars for their showroom floor.. North America will receive about 570 Emira in 2022 (short year since we won't see the car until mid-year), then we expect to see approximately 1,600 Emira in 2023. Even with a shortened year, 2022 numbers are about double what we received annually for the Evora GT, so there's plenty to go around for early adopters. But with the current trend, it's those that are late to the 'deposit party' who may have to wait for an Emira until 2023.. Get your deposits in early!

·
Supporting Vendor
514 Posts
Lotus Cars US has implemented a process to "validate" & track Emira reservation deposits across the dealer network. This system will both prevent duplicate deposits placed with multiple dealerships and help Lotus US/UK set expectations for both production numbers & dealer allocations. Official allocation numbers have not been established and will most likely be adjusted due to the current demand. Originally only 570 Emira were expected to be allocated to North America for the first year of production. However, the Emira took off much better than expected and there are already discussions of adding a 2nd & possibly 3rd shift to factory production so that the demand can be fulfilled.

It's also likely that a number of reservation deposits will be cancelled over the next year as pricing/performance figures have yet to be announced, customers grow impatient to receive their car, personal reasons/events happen, etc. If you've already placed a deposit, its likely that you'll move up in line from this factor alone. If you want an Emira within the next year or so, you'll need to secure your place as soon as possible then be ready to wait it out just a little bit longer than those that came before you!

- Tony

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sorry... My fault....if memory serves, Gator said they don't know how many allocations they specifically will have right now.

That was the response I got when I asked how many allocations they had.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any information on which drivetrain pairing will be “base” or trim levels to be expected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2 Posts
All
I just placed a deposit on the lotus emira. The dallas lotus dealership said there will only be 500 allocated in the us so get on the list!
I called them recently and heard the same thing. They are the only dealer saying this. Official word supposed to be coming from lotus soon.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I called them recently and heard the same thing. They are the only dealer saying this. Official word supposed to be coming from lotus soon.
Official word can't come soon enough. I think a lot of us are going "batty"... to use a British term. 🤣

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got my registration number so I'm in the system! I'm scared to think what this will cost once I put in all the options I want and make it track ready! I'm currently enjoying my C8 Corvette on the track and really curious how the emira will compare. I've been a huge fan of both corvettes and lotus cars. Just as the c8 going to mid engine is ground breaking - this Emira is also! And both cars are the last combustion engine for these models - which is insane. I don't want electric I want to hear the roar of the gas engine!

As far as allocations who knows - but looks like some really great responses thanks all for jumping in!

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
811 Posts
I just got my registration number so I'm in the system! I'm scared to think what this will cost once I put in all the options I want and make it track ready! I'm currently enjoying my C8 Corvette on the track and really curious how the emira will compare. I've been a huge fan of both corvettes and lotus cars. Just as the c8 going to mid engine is ground breaking - this Emira is also! And both cars are the last combustion engine for these models - which is insane. I don't want electric I want to hear the roar of the gas engine!

As far as allocations who knows - but looks like some really great responses thanks all for jumping in!
Let me ask you this, since you own a C8. Do you think the Emira 2nd hand market will SHOOT up to incredibly high numbers over MSRP like the C8 has?

Reactions: kljman

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Let me ask you this, since you own a C8. Do you think the Emira 2nd hand market will SHOOT up to incredibly high numbers over MSRP like the C8 has?
Great Question! I've been wondering that myself. So I ordered my c8 in Nov 2019 for a 2020. I was bumped to 2021 and then didn't get one til April of 2021 - I feel hugely fortunate to own one - I never thought it would have gone up like that.

I think the reasons the c8 went up so much are two fold. a) Let's face it's an amazing car in it's price range b) the production is only at half what it was originally planned. The c8 high market will not continue as more are produced over the next 5-8 years. I've been offered 20K over what I paid for mine and have not sold. The c9 will be electric, or so it's planned.

It's my opinion that what is going to determine the value of the lotus is a) the allocation for the US. b) popularity c) if they are plagued by COVID supply chain and chip issues - and the production numbers.

But for me here's the kicker - with both cars (and granted they will be produced for many years) - (with that said)- they are both the last 100% combustion sports models that will be made by both lotus and Cheverolet. Because of this - I think both cars over the next 10-20 year will not only hold their value but also go up. For me, when I look at auctions - cars that have the rare, high desirable options tend to go for more. So, if you are wanting to see value - order a monster! You want to max out all the options you can afford to put your car on the highest desirable list.

However, in any event. I'm buying the car for the enjoyment. I will track both cars and enjoy them to the fullest. The C8 and the Emira are two of the best cars that are produced under 100K USD in their class. Few cars give you that all around experience of touring and track.

Neither will be as good as the Porsche GT2 or 3 but it comes with a much smaller price tag. And from my experience I can do as well as better than a Porsche GT3 in the c8 with someone that's not as an experienced driver in the Porsche.

But to have the comfort, the touring and the option for track... I like the c8 and the Emira as better all purpose cars. C8 is as comfortable as some high end sedans on touring mode even with the z51 with mag ride. I'm sure Emira will feel the same.

Now I say all that and just note that I am on the list for a c8 Z06 for 2023. If you want one of these you have to find a dealership now and beg to have you on it.

And with the c8 z06 ... who knows but I'm betting it will be one of the top contending track cars and give the Porsche a good challenge. We don't know but I'm anticipating for <125K you will be challenging cars that are over 200K. Then the next car will be the c8 Zr1 which I probably won't go for but you never know what 2028 will bring :).

that's a long answer to a short question and some may not agree with everything - but we will just have to see cause no one really knows right now except those lucky enough to be the test drivers.

As a side, although the Emeria will not be as quick as the z06 on the track it will offer that exotic look brought by lotus. I will trade in my c8 Z51 Seebring orange convertible (Track Aligned - see below) for the z06 - but I will keep the Emeria.

If you would like to see a video of me on the track with c8 you can watch on YouTube here.

I'll be posting more track adventures there - I don't do a lot of talking or self promotion - so you can just enjoy the ride!

Kaylee
[email protected]
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
312 Posts
Great Question! I've been wondering that myself. So I ordered my c8 in Nov 2019 for a 2020. I was bumped to 2021 and then didn't get one til April of 2021 - I feel hugely fortunate to own one - I never thought it would have gone up like that.

I think the reasons the c8 went up so much are two fold. a) Let's face it's an amazing car in it's price range b) the production is only at half what it was originally planned. The c8 high market will not continue as more are produced over the next 5-8 years. I've been offered 20K over what I paid for mine and have not sold. The c9 will be electric, or so it's planned.

It's my opinion that what is going to determine the value of the lotus is a) the allocation for the US. b) popularity c) if they are plagued by COVID supply chain and chip issues - and the production numbers.

But for me here's the kicker - with both cars (and granted they will be produced for many years) - (with that said)- they are both the last 100% combustion sports models that will be made by both lotus and Cheverolet. Because of this - I think both cars over the next 10-20 year will not only hold their value but also go up. For me, when I look at auctions - cars that have the rare, high desirable options tend to go for more. So, if you are wanting to see value - order a monster! You want to max out all the options you can afford to put your car on the highest desirable list.

However, in any event. I'm buying the car for the enjoyment. I will track both cars and enjoy them to the fullest. The C8 and the Emira are two of the best cars that are produced under 100K USD in their class. Few cars give you that all around experience of touring and track.

Neither will be as good as the Porsche GT2 or 3 but it comes with a much smaller price tag. And from my experience I can do as well as better than a Porsche GT3 in the c8 with someone that's not as an experienced driver in the Porsche.

But to have the comfort, the touring and the option for track... I like the c8 and the Emira as better all purpose cars. C8 is as comfortable as some high end sedans on touring mode even with the z51 with mag ride. I'm sure Emira will feel the same.

Now I say all that and just note that I am on the list for a c8 Z06 for 2023. If you want one of these you have to find a dealership now and beg to have you on it.

And with the c8 z06 ... who knows but I'm betting it will be one of the top contending track cars and give the Porsche a good challenge. We don't know but I'm anticipating for <125K you will be challenging cars that are over 200K. Then the next car will be the c8 Zr1 which I probably won't go for but you never know what 2028 will bring :).

that's a long answer to a short question and some may not agree with everything - but we will just have to see cause no one really knows right now except those lucky enough to be the test drivers.

As a side, although the Emeria will not be as quick as the z06 on the track it will offer that exotic look brought by lotus. I will trade in my c8 Z51 Seebring orange convertible (Track Aligned - see below) for the z06 - but I will keep the Emeria.

If you would like to see a video of me on the track with c8 you can watch on YouTube here.

I'll be posting more track adventures there - I don't do a lot of talking or self promotion - so you can just enjoy the ride!

Kaylee
[email protected] View attachment 1296406
With all due respect, you are making a lot of assumptions about the Emira and it isn't even in production yet.
How can it be the best car under $100k? It's not even on the road yet. Just wondering...

·
Registered
4 Posts

I saw an article saying Lotus wants 1/3 of their sales to be US based equaling about 1600 cars. With less than 50 dealerships that would be about 32 cars a dealership which sucks because I'm #75 at mine.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I saw an article saying Lotus wants 1/3 of their sales to be US based equaling about 1600 cars. With less than 50 dealerships that would be about 32 cars a dealership which sucks because I'm #75 at mine.
Not really how it works. And also, there will be less than 1600 First Editions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ugh, I guess we'll just have to see.
I wonder what will be different with the later ones. Will 1st additions be worth more?
B

1 - 20 of 25 Posts