The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira (Reservation) | 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the reveal today. Huge crowd, but tried to grab whatever shots I could (attached). They had paint/interior samples which I've included for those of you like me still debating your builds.

6spd gates are tactile and fluid with a satisfyingly mechanical linkage "feedback"...

As an aside, I overhead several people asking to make a reservation after the reveal. It appears that the Emira was very well received in general. Albeit I did overhear more than one conversation of people commenting that Shadow Grey should not have been selected as the "showcase" color for the tour.
Vehicle cover Car Tire Hood Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Steering part
Clothing Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Photograph Hood
Clothing Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira (Reservation) | 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm torn between Verdant Green and Nimbus Grey.

Just realized that all images might not have attached

Light Rectangle Material property Font Tints and shades
Rectangle Material property Art Circle Tints and shades

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,257 Posts
I don’t suppose they mentioned anything about offering a carbon pack down the road, did they?

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
818 Posts
I was there to see the car too. Exterior was exactly as the pictures of it. However, the interior was not my thing, too plane jane and the seats were too hard, perhaps they'll have a different option in the production car. It is a nice looking car for sure but after having a 2011 Elise R, 2014 Evora NA and 2017 Evora 400...I didn't feel I was seating in a Lotus car. Me and other people there thought the same thing...more like a Porsche.

I have a deposit with that dealer. I'll wait to see the Emira's performance review by car magazines next year and then I'll decide if I go ahead and get one.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Drab color, economy interior, blah wheels.

But let’s see how they drive. We do actually have a new Lotus.

EDIT: orclean1 our posts almost simul, mine not aimed at yours, coincidence.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Went to the reveal today. Huge crowd, but tried to grab whatever shots I could (attached). They had paint/interior samples which I've included for those of you like me still debating your builds.

6spd gates are tactile and fluid with a satisfyingly mechanical linkage "feedback"...

As an aside, I overhead several people asking to make a reservation after the reveal. It appears that the Emira was very well received in general. Albeit I did overhear more than one conversation of people commenting that Shadow Grey should not have been selected as the "showcase" color for the tour. View attachment 1302941 View attachment 1302942 View attachment 1302944
Knees to the dash. Looks seriously lacking for leg room.

·
Administrator
9,036 Posts

As an aside, I overhead several people asking to make a reservation after the reveal. It appears that the Emira was very well received in general. Albeit I did overhear more than one conversation of people commenting that Shadow Grey should not have been selected as the "showcase" color for the tour. View attachment 1302937 View attachment 1302938 View attachment 1302939 View attachment 1302940 View attachment 1302941 View attachment 1302942 View attachment 1302943 View attachment 1302944 View attachment 1302945 View attachment 1302946
How tall were the two with knees at the dash?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Knees to the dash. Looks seriously lacking for leg room.
I was at the Austin event on Wednesday. After we asked, the Lotus guys put the seat all the way back. I’m 6’5” with a 36” inseam and had too much leg room when it was all the way back. It’s larger inside and there is no bar above the seats protruding in the roof like in an Evora (or it wasn’t noticeable like it is in the Evora).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was at the Naples viewing yesterday and found out some decent information. I placed a deposit in July. I was told I am 60th on the list at that time. I may have moved up since then but I'm not sure. I asked if I could potentially expect a FE and they said it was very likely based on the allocations they are supposedly getting. They didn't give me an exact number but noted they are the largest dealer for Evoras so they will get the biggest allocation of Emiras. They also mentioned Q4 for deliver. The Lotus guy said as early as Q3 but inspections could delay it some. The dealership also mentioned they have been offered multiple 10k+ over MSRP offers for guaranteed FE slots, but they aren't accepting any deals or increasing the MSRP. Hopefully that holds true. They also told me we can expect 500 first year, 1500 second and 2k third year. So the car should stay fairly exclusive. They mentioned there are only 600ish Evoras in the US.

Lastly, the shadow grey as a premiere color really through me off. I spent almost more time checking out the Evoras out front. I still want the Emira because it's a beautiful car, but I wasn't blown away like I thought I would be. I even debated on getting an evora and waiting on the Emira for a few years, but I think getting it in my preferred color and styling will make a world of difference.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
818 Posts
"The dealership also mentioned they have been offered multiple 10k+ over MSRP offers for guaranteed FE slots, but they aren't accepting any deals or increasing the MSRP" I believe that is BS from the dealer as they would not longer tell you your number on the list.

"Lastly, the shadow grey as a premiere color really through me off. I spent almost more time checking out the Evoras out front." LOL...I was there and did the same thing. Personally I was disappointed with the interior, plain jane, hard seats, not racy enough more like a base Lexus coupe.

"...I wasn't blown away like I thought I would be. I even debated on getting an evora and waiting on the Emira for a few years,..." Those are my thoughts as of right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
"The dealership also mentioned they have been offered multiple 10k+ over MSRP offers for guaranteed FE slots, but they aren't accepting any deals or increasing the MSRP" I believe that is BS from the dealer as they would not longer tell you your number on the list.

"Lastly, the shadow grey as a premiere color really through me off. I spent almost more time checking out the Evoras out front." LOL...I was there and did the same thing. Personally I was disappointed with the interior, plain jane, hard seats, not racy enough more like a base Lexus coupe.

"...I wasn't blown away like I thought I would be. I even debated on getting an evora and waiting on the Emira for a few years,..." Those are my thoughts as of right now.
Ya I figured it could just be fluff they were telling me to keep me intrigued but figured id pass it along.

Same, I really thought I was going to have some euphoric moment when i saw it and boy was I wrong. I was kind of like "that's it?". But i also developed so much hype in my head because I've been dying to see it since I first heard about it. I'm hoping its mainly due to the boring premiere color and over hype i created in my head. I did get more intrigued by the Evora tho. I am planning on scheduling a test drive sometime next week. Plus with the Evora being so limited in production in the US im sure they will hold resale value pretty good for years to come which could be a great place holder while the Emira gets more colors and better updates. I'm super torn on what to do now lol.

·
Banned
507 Posts
The dealership also mentioned they have been offered multiple 10k+ over MSRP offers for guaranteed FE slots, but they aren't accepting any deals or increasing the MSRP. Hopefully that holds true.
hahah, so funny !! yah sure, the stealership is not taking $10k free money (legally) for zero work, .....yet only the dealer knows everyones true number in line for the reservations .....

·
Registered
4 Posts
hahah, so funny !! yah sure, the stealership is not taking $10k free money (legally) for zero work, .....yet only the dealer knows everyones true number in line for the reservations .....
That's why I said hopefully lol. I'm hoping this doesn't happen but the world is crazy at the moment and people are paying absurd numbers for both houses and cars.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts