The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help fill us in when/if you are able to preorder as well as which dealer. Looking to get my Pre Order in as soon as possible so I dont have to deal with scalper prices. :)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
This isn't a Porsche GT car; I seriously doubt you'll be paying over MSRP for one.

Reactions: brightoncorgi

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This day in age? Its 100% likely. Everything from Supras to Ps5's are being scalped and marked up. The Corvette is another good example.

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
This isn't a Porsche GT car; I seriously doubt you'll be paying over MSRP for one.
You must not have been around when pre orders for the first federal Elises were taken.

If you want to be a first adopter you almost certainly will be paying over MSRP.

That should subside by the end of the first model year as the market defines itself.

Heck, when the PT Cruiser first came out, if you wanted to buy a dealer’s DEMO some were getting $5k over MSRP.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,305 Posts
Help fill us in when/if you are able to preorder as well as which dealer. Looking to get my Pre Order in as soon as possible so I dont have to deal with scalper prices. :)
Folks have already decided to pre-order the car, without knowing any information whatsoever or even what it will look like??

That's hardcore!

·
Illegal Alien
5,285 Posts
Preordered (technically a reservation deposit) Feb 6, 2020 from Gator Motorsport

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I would wait until Goodwood at a minimum. Your money will just be idle in the dealership's bank account. Lotus will have an Emira for all of us who want to buy one. I don't get the sense Geely is looking to turn away business. Then again, we don't know how big the demand will be or what Lotus' building capacity will be should this be a hit.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much was the reservation deposit?

·
Supporting Vendor
458 Posts
We are accepting reservations to order a new Lotus Emira (Type 131) when it is made available. We only require a minimum deposit of $1,000 and the deposit is fully refundable. We currently hold 8 deposits & counting.. If you would like to reserve your very own first-of-line Lotus Emira please give us a call at (317) 245-6312.

Also, please feel free to share this information with anyone else who may be interested. Thank You!!

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
They've already announced that they want to increase production to 3,000 cars, and then 30,000 (vehicles at least, which will include suvs?). This is nothing about Gator, which has been recognized as a great partner by many posters, but each dealer will accept 10, 20, 50(?) deposits for a car that likely won't hit the US until 2022, and at the same time, Lotus is trying to add more dealers. You will absolutely pay above MSRP - and after the first 500 are sold - prices will normalize.

People pre-order all the time. Heck, there was a waiting list to buy the new Ford Bronco - and they will make 150k? There's a cost to being first, and dealers should not be castigated for that. Nor should the buyer who wants a particular car, as long as they recognize that is not an investment, just an entry fee.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I’ll accept your pre orders as well so when pre orders are available I will then pre order the car on your behalf. Small fee of $1,000 so I can then use that money to invest into doge coin while we wait 3 years for the car to be produced and then you can brag to all your friends you pre ordered a car you know nothing about.

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
726 Posts
Preordered (technically a reservation deposit) Feb 6, 2020 from Gator Motorsport
I’ll accept your pre orders as well so when pre orders are available I will then pre order the car on your behalf. Small fee of $1,000 so I can then use that money to invest into doge coin while we wait 3 years for the car to be produced and then you can brag to all your friends you pre ordered a car you know nothing about.
wanna partner on it? It seems like a great way to acquire some extra play money until we see a sketch or rendering released ;)

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
It doesn't take a too vivid an imagination to visualize what the car is going to look like in general. Lotus has offered many clues in that regard.

·
2006 Exige
849 Posts
It doesn't take a too vivid an imagination to visualize what the car is going to look like in general. Lotus has offered many clues in that regard.
This is absolutely true.

It is the same size as a widebody Evora and styled much like the Evija, just a bit more understated. Then choose a Camry V6 or 4 from the A35.

·
Supporting Vendor
458 Posts
Dealerships that have received customer deposits will be given the first opportunity to order & receive vehicles once they are brought stateside. The sooner you place a deposit, the earlier you'll be able to take home a new Lotus Emira!

Any funds received as a deposit will be applied as a credit towards the final purchase price. These funds are fully refundable if at any time you change your mind or if we can not deliver the vehicle as promised.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Only thing I wonder about is what it will look like from the side since I assume it will not have any kind of Venturi tunnels like the Evija. I can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I hope there is an v8 option for the Lotus final ICE. The final Esprit has the v8 with twin turbo. Unfortunately, Lotus had to trim the power to 350hp because the gear box can't handle more. I think if Lotus manages to get the Esprit gear box to handle 450hp back then, it will definitely stands out among all the other exotics and be a hit.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Has there been any official indication of MSRP and also when they will be available stateside? End of 2021 or into 2022?

Edit: Seems like some time in 2022 with an MSRP range of $75-150k.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts