The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sure others have received this today as well, but figured I'd share.

Allocations
  • 700 cars coming to US/Canada
  • Dealer allocation numbers are coming by the end of the month
Ordering Process
We will know how many allocations we will have monthly. At the beginning of each month we will be processing 'x' amount of orders. We will be in contact with you the prior month if you are on the list to order the next month. Orders must be submitted by the 24th of each month. Once the order has been placed, it cannot be changed.

Car Production
There has been a slight delay in production. Production is set to begin in September 2022. This production schedule is just for the Supercharged V6 'First Edition' car. The schedule below is the tentative schedule Lotus has shared that gives an estimated production time frame for those who will order their cars this year.

Cars are going to start delivery in October!
Font Number Screenshot Parallel Electric blue

Emira GT4
This car is now available for individual customers to order! The starting price is $220,000. If you are interested in ordering one or more information, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Base Model V6, First Edition I4, etc..
Pricing and specs are coming soon for these models, but no specific date is set yet. There was also no production update for these models.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I did receive my first letter from Lotus acknowledging my deposit and was assigned I guess it was a reservation number.
I didn't receive this notification , .was this sent to you by your dealer or directly from lotus ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Appreciate the update. It'd be a happy surprise if my car makes it by xmas next year, but I'm not holding my breath. And my early prediction is that the pricing is going up for 2024 and later years. Anyone know how long it takes Lotus to deliver a car to the US west coast once it comes off the line?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm curious how this will work out. So we know that 700 cars are coming, but it's still apportioned to specific dealer allocations? Is that N cars per month per dealer, with N varying per dealer?

·
Registered
'19 GT350 and '68 Mustang currently... waiting for an Emira!
102 Posts
I'm curious how this will work out. So we know that 700 cars are coming, but it's still apportioned to specific dealer allocations? Is that N cars per month per dealer, with N varying per dealer?
that's how I would interpret it. and seems logical as well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wonder if thats 700 from the dates listed in the graph or just for 2022? 4 months vs 10 months etc
I was reading it as 700 for the whole 2023 model year, which would be the whole chart. I'm guessing July 2023 is when they start producing the 2024 models.

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
700 to US and Canada. Figure 500 to US, which is what they’ve been saying all along.

How will they figure allocations to include the handful of “new” dealers with little to no sales history?

Reactions: Catsailr27

·
Registered
24 Posts
That chart really doesn't tell us anything since we don't know when our "order submission" will be. I assume from the wording that having a deposit in, as most of us do now, doesn't count as having ordered a car yet.

Does the normal split for US/Canada cars follow the population, which is roughly 10:1? That would make it 70 cars for Canada, which would not be nearly enough for the deposits already in. Of course being in Canada, the dealers know nothing.

·
Registered
2020 X3M, 2022 Emira
23 Posts
Ugh, not making me optimistic... Placed my deposit Aug 2, landed at # 86 on the list @ Naples... While that includes I4 reservations and there will be dropouts, I was really hoping for around spring 2023

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yay - winter deliveries for all! :rolleyes:

So.. we aren't locking in specs until a March at the earliest.. and UK deliveries are planned for June.. sounds like most of us will be able to sit back and read/watch some journalist reviews before officially ordering (and maybe allow time for some initial batch bugs to get sorted), so that's something. Maybe base spec and option pricing will finally be released by then too.. and more colors!

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
2,146 Posts
Yea all you can read of the UK cars delivered and see all the problems and solutions so when you get your car you’ll know what to do and not be as pissed off.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
It says cars will deliver in October with production beginning in September, so my assumption is that they believe it will be a one month shipping time.
3 weeks to 1 month seems reasonable for shipping something this size. It’s similar to a large piece of equipment I just purchased (for work) from Germany, with a ship date around the same time.

Always better off to under promise and over deliver.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think I'm about mid 20s at Gator for v6 option so best case if they get 2-3 cars a mo then I'm likely looking at ordering end of year with a late spring '23 deliver. While I had hoped to get by end of year, at least I wont have to store it for the winter when it arrives (if I'm lucky enough to get an allocation)

·
Registered
46 Posts
3 weeks to 1 month seems reasonable for shipping something this size. It’s similar to a large piece of equipment I just purchased (for work) from Germany with a ship date around the same time.
I thought I saw someone ask Gator this question and they said about 6weeks for delivery after production

1 - 20 of 61 Posts