The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
2 insights so far

1) Changing brake fluid is going to be a real pain (or showing it during an HPDE at track inspection). Requires removing 3 plastic covers => 3 bolts => 4 plastic fasteners to get to the reservoir up front.
2) Moved from a vacuum based exhaust valve to an electronic one

If anyone doesn't want to pay and is curious about something let me know and I can take a look!

3) Still need to remove the "boot" and whole engine/trans assembly to replace the clutch :(

· Registered
2021 BMW M2 Competition
14 Posts
2 insights so far

1) Changing brake fluid is going to be a real pain (or showing it during an HPDE at track inspection). Requires removing 3 plastic covers => 3 bolts => 4 plastic fasteners to get to the reservoir up front.
2) Moved from a vacuum based exhaust valve to an electronic one

If anyone doesn't want to pay and is curious about something let me know and I can take a look!
Hi, I'm curious about what is under the front end. I'm concerned about approach angle. The initial drawings showed an approach angle of 8.7 degrees I believe. Early drawing showed a rubber piece mounted below the front facia that I have not seen on any production models online (you can see this on pictures on the Lotus website). Does the documentation provide an update on approach angle, and can you confirm there is no rubber trim mounted under the facia?

Thanks,

· Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, I'm curious about what is under the front end. I'm concerned about approach angle. The initial drawings showed an approach angle of 8.7 degrees I believe. Early drawing showed a rubber piece mounted below the front facia that I have not seen on any production models online (you can see this on pictures on the Lotus website). Does the documentation provide an update on approach angle, and can you confirm there is no rubber trim mounted under the facia?

Thanks,
Product Automotive lighting Rectangle Serveware Gas

There are 2 rubbing blocks like the Evora has
Automotive exterior Font Auto part Rectangle Circle

Also the front undertray has 33 bolts holding it on. wowzer

The docs don't have the technical details of ride height and clearance unfortunately to give more information than this.

· Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Awesome. Love the highlighted pictures, showing which part(s) are applicable to a procedure. Much improved over previous service notes.

There doesn't appear to be a mention of the rubber air dam, but it looks like there is one in the illustration. Will have to wait until the parts lists are released to know for sure.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Headlamp Bumper

As for the approach angle, I believe from the technical drawing that was released, it shows 7.9 degrees to the bottom of supposed rubber air dam:
Product Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

· Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome. Love the highlighted pictures, showing which part(s) are applicable to a procedure. Much improved over previous service notes.

There doesn't appear to be a mention of the rubber air dam, but it looks like there is one in the illustration. Will have to wait until the parts lists are released to know for sure.

View attachment 1332231

As for the approach angle, I believe from the technical drawing that was released, it shows 7.9 degrees to the bottom of supposed rubber air dam:
View attachment 1332232
Yeah some better diagrams for the most part from what I have seen. Also the PDF itself is better with working links between the sections.

· Registered
2021 BMW M2 Competition
14 Posts
Thanks,

Yes, that is the picture showing the rubber piece (and approach angle) that does not appear to be on the car. I'm in the U.S. and contacted Lotus several months ago. They told me at the time that the U.S. car would have the 8.7 degree approach angle and I assumed that it was due to some ride height/bumper reg here. Obviously, removing that rubber piece increases the approach angle. The drive into my lower-level condo parking appears to be about 9 degrees so I'm really trying to confirm this. I do wonder why they don't have the rubber piece on there.

Again, the rubber piece is shown of the Lotus configurator.

Thanks again,

View attachment 1332232

1 - 11 of 11 Posts