The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
13,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a little disappointed when we found that the test drives would be very short due to weather even though rain had stopped. As I started my drive my daydreaming mind had this flash thru it. I wonder if the Lotus Marketing rep ever has such thoughts lol

·
Administrator
13,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And what was your impression of the car, @Catsailr27 ?
Well we only were allowed a mile test drive so can't speak of the dynamics but it sure as hell was more comfortable than my Elise. Steering felt great and it was very well put together.

Reactions: quattro574

·
Administrator
13,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One mile. Wow. Talk about disappointing. Sigh.

Maybe we will get more time in the car once the cars show up at dealerships. Fingers crossed.
Not sure how that will work. I heard that due to insurance issues with manufacturers plate was causing the shortened drive. The roads were damp but by the same token we had a great run just down the road on Rt72 much better in the Elise than our towing experience on Rt22. Whether that's reasons true who knows. Seats felt great once I adjusted the lumbar for my back.

Reactions: Chemgee

·
Registered
169 Posts
Really good brakes, too. It is a much larger car than the Elise, obviously, but as someone else said "it wears its weight well". It is very nicely put together, and much more refined than the Elise as well. It is very obviously aiming for a different, much more upscale, market than the Elise. Just my impressions from the short drive.

·
Premium Member
2005 elise
8 Posts
I totally agree with the level of comfort and finish over the Elise. The drive was short and only on the park entrance road so no chance to really evaluate the handling or performance. Maybe next year they will have more examples available.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
I totally agree with the level of comfort and finish over the Elise. The drive was short and only on the park entrance road so no chance to really evaluate the handling or performance. Maybe next year they will have more examples available.
Hopefully next year there will be the first US owners at LOG in their cars.

• Love
Reactions: Catsailr27

·
Recent Lotus Convert
2020 Evora GT
59 Posts
Back on topic. I have an Evora GT. Drove the Emira for very short test drive, probably all under 30 mph. VERY hard to compare. Was told this Emira had the sport suspension with Cup 2s My impression - all subject to change as this was such a short drive even though I did take my Evora on the same loop shortly after. The Emira seemed:
  • More refined, NVH is lower
  • Easier to get in and out of, door hinge is further forward
  • Suspension seemed softer, yet I was told it was firmer
  • Steering was slightly lighter, and responded slightly differently. Subtle difference.
  • Did not notice a difference in seats or sitting

PS. trunk is wider in the Emira (front to rear) and rear shelf is shorter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts