The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,474 Posts
Big question as my inventory needs to be kept accordingly! Spent a day in a GT yesterday. Out of the box way more car than my s1, but..............the interior is lacking. Seats are no where as good as my recaros. Dash is no as esthetic. I am ready to move to an Emira!

·
Registered
315 Posts
What are the Wheel sizes with offsets for the Emira?
F: 20x8.5 245/35/20
R: 20x10 295/30/20

We don't know Emira offsets yet.

The Evora had a 5x114.3 with a 68.1 center bore and roughly +55 offset front, +69 offset rear. So probably close to that.

Reactions: lolub

·
Premium Member
9,474 Posts
Let's see which dealer is most knowledgeable...They SHOULD know this stuff by now! And I will still prefer the 19/20 combo unless there is a caliper /wheel fit issue. 18/19 would be best!

·
Vendor
1,422 Posts
We will have a selection of Braid wheels listed for the Emira once they hit customers hands including 18" track options.
Braid is the wheel supplier for Lotus' GT4 program for the Emira, so they have been privileged to offset info etc.
We can do any of our current Braid forged offerings for the Emira whenever anyone is ready -- if someone wants to be ahead of the game and have wheels ready before the car arrives.

·
Registered
315 Posts
We will have a selection of Braid wheels listed for the Emira once they hit customers hands including 18" track options.
Braid is the wheel supplier for Lotus' GT4 program for the Emira, so they have been privileged to offset info etc.
We can do any of our current Braid forged offerings for the Emira whenever anyone is ready -- if someone wants to be ahead of the game and have wheels ready before the car arrives.
Nice! Will you be offering custom steering wheels too?

·
Registered
2014 Evora S - Autumn Bronze
176 Posts
@brgelise Not the best thread for this, but when you say way more car (I’m guessing stock vs stock?) can you elaborate (performance wise?)? How’s it compare (stock GT) to your s1 with tune and other performance bits?

·
Illegal Alien
5,477 Posts
F: 20x8.5 245/35/20
R: 20x10 295/30/20

We don't know Emira offsets yet.

The Evora had a 5x114.3 with a 68.1 center bore and roughly +55 offset front, +69 offset rear. So probably close to that.
Low probability of same/similar offsets as the suspension arms are a different length than the Evora.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Low probability of same/similar offsets as the suspension arms are a different length than the Evora.
Isn't offset determined by the mounting hub? I suppose control arm length could factor in as well, but it comes down to the actual mounting surface for the wheel and how the oem wheels are situatuted in the wheel wells, right?

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Offset is just the difference between wheel centerline and the hub/mounting surface. So control arms and hubs can affect the position of where the wheels sit, and how much offset +/- is needed to avoid any rubbing while also determining how far out the wheel projects from the well.
Line Font Diagram Claw hammer Brand

·
Registered
74 Posts
Link yo

·
Registered
110 Posts
Offset is just the difference between wheel centerline and the hub/mounting surface. So control arms and hubs can affect the position of where the wheels sit, and how much offset +/- is needed to avoid any rubbing while also determining how far out the wheel projects from the well.
View attachment 1322058
Wow, excellent diagram, very helpful, thank you!! 😃

·
Premium Member
9,474 Posts
Have they dealt with the rear control arm leading edge issue??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts