The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am about to install a Weapon R steet header setup into an Arqray single tip.

1) my emissions center only tests OBDII. Does anyone have a similar setup? and does your car/will my car pass?

2) During exhaust install I know you need to cut the air injection pipe to remove the header....then what? do you just leave the pipe cut and sitting in there?

think thats all for now, thanks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would like to know this as well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i just decided to do a decat instead, that way I can switch back whenever I need to.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Revived, as I'm about to install the PPE system. What is done with the "orphaned" air injector pipe?

·
Registered
226 Posts
There's no need to cut it. Just unbolt it from the passenger wheel well. It comes out still attached to the stock manifold. There's illustrated instructions on LT if you search.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Just what is an air injector pipe? What is it's function?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Just what is an air injector pipe? What is it's function?
An air injector is just what it sounds like - it injects fresh air into the exhaust pipe - to help burn the unburned fuel in the exhaust. It's used by the Toyota engine when installed in Toyotas, but Lotus eliminated it's function. But since the engine parts come straight from Toyota, the pipe fitting is still there on our engines (just capped off).

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Thanks Tim. An opportunity to add lightness.

Seriously, means no worries about affecting emissions/legality when installing the header (when cat is used not test pipe).

·
Registered
846 Posts
There's no need to cut it. Just unbolt it from the passenger wheel well. It comes out still attached to the stock manifold. There's illustrated instructions on LT if you search.
Unless you want to remove the belt tensioner, you have to cut it to get the header out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts