The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Sorry I'm a little on the younger side. Is this the Avengers? I know I've seen a few shows years ago on Nick at Nite or something, but don't ever remember seeing any Lotus on the show.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Ah....old age has its benefits...one of them being remembering Emma Peal.

For a lot of us, the Avengers was the first introduction to Lotus and the Lotus Elan.

Emma drove two of them during her short though memorable time on the show.

About 10 years ago, Diana Rigg (Emma) was driving from Toronto to NYC to take over the part that Julie Andrews as playing on Broadway. They stopped her at immigration at Buffalo to make sure she was not taking over a job that an American could take. Honest.

A friend and Lotus owner happaned to be the Imigration officer that took care of the matter. Talked to her about her Elan. As I remember she spoke very favorably about it. But to her it was just a car.

For more on the show... The Avengers : Episode Guide

There used to be a great Emma Peal site...i had it on my LotusOwners Lotus Owners of New York home page, but I took it off for some reason. Maybe it was gone.
"The Avengers" (1961)

For those that do know know Patrick Peal that worked for Lotus. He named his daughter...Emma. For obvious reasons.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
And the character that replaced Mrs. Peal, Tara King I believe, drove an Europa.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
And the character that replaced Mrs. Peal, Tara King I believe, drove an Europa.
Yes, but she only got the job because she was the girlfriend of the producer or director of the show.

Nobody matched Emma in the chemistry with Steed.

But that is my opinion.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I wish I could buy back my 1965 red Elan - I think I got about $1700. in trade on a new 1970 BMW 2002. We never saw Emma push the car but she was stylish as hell.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Emma Peel

Remember her well------
I always thought Tara King drove an AC 428 DHC? couldn't shine Emma's shoes,however.

Emma Peel got that name because the producers of the show wanted a lead woman who would appeal to men(M)-- M Appeal---Hence Emma Peel------never forget her jump suits---------gotta go now-----------------:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

·
Premium Member
12,165 Posts

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts