The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Lotus, located in Virginia and need to have it transported to Washington. Any advice on how to ship and who to ship with would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Just purchased a Lotus, located in Virginia and need to have it transported to Washington. Any advice on how to ship and who to ship with would be appreciated.
I like PassPort. Moved a Stag and a Caterham Seven for me. First-class operation, and cheaper than Horseless Carriage. They invented the style of trailer now used by such firms and by racing teams.

You could use the outfit that does the enclosed moving for Lotus. Don't remember who, but someone here will.

Do NOT go through a broker. Deal with the company that owns the trucks (or at least the trailers!). When you deal with a broker you can wind up with Bubba and his girlfriend Darlene. The guy who bought my TR4 used a broker. I was painful to watch Bubba and Darlene load that car on their broken-down tailer with the dodgy hydraulics and no weather protection.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
You will do a far better job than any shipping company. Rent a trailer and move it on your own, or drive it back yourself and get some familiarity time with the car. I have never paid any shipping company, even the good ones sometimes make mistakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts