The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll have the rear clam off tonight and while it's off I would like to order / buy stuff to dress up the engine bay...Bolts are all being replaced I know, and the covers being painted...I'm thinking what to do with the block...

With that said: Many people ask to see the engine, and even though the 2zz isn't an impressive engine to look at - What do you guys to dress it up?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Chrome ftw.. weight means nothing....

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You could always get stainless steel braided lines for all the high pressure rubber lines, change the low pressure rubber hoses to ones with a contrasting color. Of course paint your engine covers, and maybe get one of those shiny oil fill covers (the plastic one is pretty lame)

The most cost effective engine bay option is probably a super charger though, and you'll feel its effects every time you drive...

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Some of the "engine bay dress up" attempts with colored silicone hoses, etc look bad IMO. They just seem to be a little too much. Stan had a pic of his like that back in the day and I didn't like it.

You may find that just painting the covers will give enough splash to dress things up nicely.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
And BTW, doing anything with the block itself would be very hard to appreciate. Changes to the valve cover or head may be visible though.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have always liked the Honda valve covers that are painted red with a rough finish. Not sure how that would look here though.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
After I painted the valve covers I got some simple black door edge trim and I trimmed out the rough looking sharp edge of the fiberglass that surrounds the engine bay opening. It's just a little thing, bit it really gives it a nice finished look and it can save some scratched arms if you ever reach deep into the engine space. Cost = $7

·
Registered
24 Posts
After I painted the valve covers I got some simple black door edge trim and I trimmed out the rough looking sharp edge of the fiberglass that surrounds the engine bay opening. It's just a little thing, bit it really gives it a nice finished look and it can save some scratched arms if you ever reach deep into the engine space. Cost = $7
I'd love to see a pic of that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts