The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to message me the trick on how to open the lid if you lock your key inside it & cannot access the handle in the back seat?

·
Registered
220 Posts
On mine,The dealer went from underneath the car and unbolted the hatch from the hinges, titled the hatch up to get to latch and release. This was per lotus factory. Obviously not a one man job. My latch mech had fallen apart if your latch is ok you could get a new key cut at dealer then program fob per manual.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
This won't help you get it open, but...

Does the Evora have the handle INSIDE the trunk that is there so that someone locked in the trunk can let themselves out? I think it may be a safety regulation now.

My Exige had one. Anticipating that someday I may be in your situation, I got a longer cable from a bike shop to replace the inside cable, routed it to a rear wheel well so that I could open the trunk that way.

Sure, someone could get into my car, if they knew to look for the handle.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I PM'd you Squid's solution, which unfortunately only works if you've made the mod beforehand. Agree that having a second key made at dealer is your best solution.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies...I got the answer I was looking for! I do have a 2nd key that my wife keeps just in case, but we are often too far away from each other to help me in a pinch. Thankfully, I've not been locked out yet...just want to be prepared if it should ever happen. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
You might try reading the owners manual. The big secret is described and illustrated there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts