The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Was thinking the other day when my engine cover fell on my head why the cover doesn't have the same type of lift struts that the hatch uses.

Anyone ever install any?

Thanks
Jeff

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
What year Esprit are you talking about? The engine cover removes completely from the car on most Esprits I have seen, and at least since the SE the rear hatch has a locking strut.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,943 Posts
Was thinking the other day when my engine cover fell on my head why the cover doesn't have the same type of lift struts that the hatch uses.

Thanks
Jeff
How much WEIGHT would struts add???????? :sad: :no: You must have been knocked unconscious for a long time.... :D

If you can't be bothered totally removing the engine cover during services, here are the remedies:

The cover might need new "shoelaces" to hold it to the hatch. Make your own with shoelaces from Wall-Mart and some crimp-on electrical ring terminals. A contrasting color lace would be "snazzy". :p Do they come in Argyle? LOL

Occasionally, after many years, the little white "Button" retainers wear out and come apart. Don't try and repair them (unless the PAIN feels good to you!). :panic: Just buy them from the Usual Parts Suspects. (One of the cheaper Lotus parts BTW.) -poke-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts