The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling the engine cover I have used for an extra luggage box.
It will come with the suction cups and fastenings but doesnt come with the box.

This system worked really well. There are rubber mounts bolted through the middle of the cover and suction cups on the back. Can easily pop the cups and get into the regular boot.
The hinge mounting points have been drilled through and the fasteners go right though to increase the strength.

If you wanted to use the cover in its original condition you will have to fill up these holes. The lock has also been modified to use almost any key but it latches and works great.

$150 (excluding shipping)
Location Huntington Beach CA

Box not included

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Does that hold the Flux Capacitor? Wow!

Reactions: J-Son

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's pretty clever, and still leaves you more visibility than an Exige. :)

Stylistically, I'm not a big fan, because the compartment looks a little like a small coffin, and makes the Elise look like a hearse. Other than that, I think it's brilliant solution to a car that really isn't built for overnight trips.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out it was quite hard to find a box that would even remotely look ok. The smallest roof rack style box I could find was way too tall and would hang off the back of the car.
Pelican case would be alright but even then they were too tall and really heavy.

Despite it looking like a coffin this thing was almost ideal. Tapers up to get some height but doesnt make it boxy.

You could add a rack instead.

The straps were to hold the roof. Fits behind the back window well.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think this is cool. Would be interested if the box was included.
I used a Ravin crossbow hardcase. Kind of expensive so want to keep it. You could use any sort of hardcase but this one fitted quite well.
Even though it looks like a childs coffin!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts