The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning inside my engine compartment today and was surprised to find that 2 of the 3 screws holding my plastic fuel injector cover in place had disappeared. I then realized that when I had the engine covers custom painted several months ago and then re-installed them, I completely forgot to put some thread locking glue on them. :wallbang: So, they must have just rattled right out of there.

Anyway, I've taken the cover entirely off until I can find two replacement screws. I suppose I can just go to my local Lotus dealership (Criswell) and order a couple. I assume they wouldn't keep such a trivial part in stock.

In the meantime, is there anything I can just pick up at an auto parts store or Home Depot that would do just as good? I suppose I could just keep the cover off until I get the new screws.

Incidentally, in case anyone else has this same problem in the future, here are the part numbers when you go to place your order (as printed in the official Lotus parts catalog on the page for "Function Code 40.07"):

Screw, M6 x 16, pan, torx hd. S/S, covers to head (# A117W2213F)
Washer, flat, M6 x 12, covers to head (# A100W4127F)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Go to ACE hardware and pick up some metric SS ones. Thats where I normally get mine.

Mats

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Go to ACE hardware and pick up some metric SS ones. Thats where I normally get mine.

Mats
+1
Go to your local hardware store with the bolt and washer size numbers you posted above and buy some stainless steel machine screws and washers in those sizes. You might not be able to buy the torx head style, but they will have allen head style screws and others styles as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts